Ordering from northwestern

sweetstop

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have had extremely bad service with them. I debated writing a negative review on this forum about them but since someone already started it I will share.

I ordered on a Thursday hoping to have my 2" mechanism upgrade kits the following week sometime. Well I was told it would ship Monday, so I figured I should have it by Friday forsure. Friday evening comes and nothing..call back after the weekend and no answer. Call again Tuesday and no answer...call back Wednesday and am to it hasn't shipped but they would try to get it out. I ended up getting it in about 3 weeks. And it was confirmed that they were not out of anything I ordered but b the guys in the shop are behind".

To make matters worse I order a few upgrade kits about 6 weeks previous to this order and decided to cancel the order because I found some that I had. Well when I was dealing with the most recent order the lady was like which order are you talking about because you have two open..so I was like actually I cancelled the older one but that just shows how they are really slacking because it should have shipped if it was open.

funny she told me the same thing when they finally got back to me "They are behind in the shipping dept"

ordered rocket wheels 7 days ago still waiting on confirmation, called today to double it so i dont go through this again and they are closed fridays

I have been using the NW 2" mech upgrade kits to go from .50 to .75 or 1.00. These cost 14.99 per kit. I finally recently figured out that a&a a&a mech internals will work on the 2" NW mech as well. The price for the a&a parts (kit) is a heck of a lot less at $3.30. Had they had good service I would have not looked for alternatives but now I get same day shipping and more than 4 times less expensive.

That is way too much handling time. Good to know! I've started ordering from oak since they have the recon equipment so cheap. They've been easy to work with and equipment to my door in less than 7 days.

It's northwestern down sizing? Our are they growing? Or bad management?

You know, for Northwestern having such quality equipment - you'd think they would choose to have a presence here on TVF in the Supplier Pipeline, hell they don't even have a facebook page from what I can find!  That blows my mind - if I didn't know better it's almost as though they're making a conscious choice to not interact with their customers.  I wonder if, since Northwestern is available through Sam's Club, they haven't just gotten "fat-n-happy" instead of continually striving to improve their processes and customer experience?

I currently have a $7,000 order with them that is over 4 months old.  They had a major problem with the supplier that stamps parts and now the chrome guy isn't putting out parts very quickly.  I am beyond pissed off about it at this point.  Sounds like my stuff should be sent out soon so that is holding me off from canceling and going to Beaver or A&A.  I would hate to cancel the order just before it is finally shipped just to wait another month to get something somewhere else.

Should have made a change long before now.  Oh well.

This is disheartening.  I love NW equipment and I am hoping to find a supplier for a very large 5-digit order within the next year.  I'm beginning to think the small step down in quality of A&A is more than offset by the negatives of other brands.  

This is disheartening. I love NW equipment and I am hoping to find a supplier for a very large 5-digit order within the next year. I'm beginning to think the small step down in quality of A&A is more than offset by the negatives of other brands.

AA is not a down grade IMO. The small panel machines are very good as are large vendors. Service is great if I place a speical order it's ready in a few days. This past week was my first issue in years for getting a broken machine sent to me and the replacement part was handled super fast.

Fair enough - I've never personally owned or operated anything from A&A.  I've just read a ton of reviews that all say A&A are behind Beaver, Oak and NW in quality.  But perhaps that's changed in the last few years.  

Oak is solid.  Speaking only for myself I've never been a huge fan of the wood grain look of the coin mech and the sharp corners on the Vista.  Minor details I know, but if I'm going to work with them every day for 30 years minor details matter.  Nothing more than a matter of "personal flavor" for me.  

Why do you buy Oak Rodney?  I'm willing to be talked into them.  

Right now it's quality for cheap, and service. Nor including shipping is cheap! I get the big oak to my door for 82.00 with locks and 1.00 mech! 7 day turn around tops, and it comes with the cab back.

Used, but who cares? The mech ids new.

1" for 37.00 with cab back and .50 mech.

Fair enough - I've never personally owned or operated anything from A&A. I've just read a ton of reviews that all say A&A are behind Beaver, Oak and NW in quality. But perhaps that's changed in the last few years.

When AA started building in china I think that folks just started to lump them in with Chinese made junk. But they still have very good quality. They are assembled in the US so they do have quality control here. They only started building in china 5 or so years ago so much of what you find used is US made.

Oak is good also they are showing some good used prices on line.

Beaver to me has a great mech but I'm not a fan of the other parts of the machine ESP the plastic base.

I prefer oak vistas for charity and NW for racks. A&A po89 is a knock off if the oak but it works well, in my experience the prices are similar. I do support oak however when I can. The A&A pn95 is the knock off of the NW 60 and is pretty inferior IMHO. There is a manufacturing problem that A&A has never addressed concerning the machine body

I prefer oak vistas for charity and NW for racks. A&A po89 is a knock off if the oak but it works well, in my experience the prices are similar. I do support oak however when I can. The A&A pn95 is the knock off of the NW 60 and is pretty inferior IMHO. There is a manufacturing problem that A&A has never addressed concerning the machine body

Just curious, why NW on racks and not a oak panel machine ? Since you use oak vistas? Trying to learn as I am starting down the road of racks. I've had really good luck with oak service, just haven't serviced one on route yet. Seem great, but I'm used to uturn. Lol

I must be confused, isn't the vista the solid head and the panel called the cabinet?

I was meaning to use cab backs on a rack. I feel like I'm a rookie tip vending again! Lol! 12 years of uturn and I feel ignorant!

You are right on the 95. The body and head don't fit well.

Archived