Ordering from northwestern

sweetstop

Here is a good reason to use vista cabinets.

More fit on a rack, you can use cab backs, and they are the best against vandalism period.

Buf

Thats the same reason we use the small panel heads.  This is our standard set up for racks using AA machines.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats the same reason we use the small panel heads.  This is our standard set up for racks using AA machines.

Whats the difference between AA and Oak panel heads? Both seem that they will do cab backs, is it price? shipping? 

Whats the difference between AA and Oak panel heads? Both seem that they will do cab backs, is it price? shipping? 

I have never had good luck contacting and ordering from oak.  When I call AA the phone gets answered and my order processed.  That along with being able to have machines shipped with caps saving freight is why I use AA.  I honestly do not know what oaks cost new because the times I called I never got a good answer.  We pay right at 60 with AA thats with the chrome, painted and the upgrade side by side.

Ok, that makes sense. Right now their only 37 with a cab back. They also say they have fresh powder coat on them.

I've gotten 1 2" and waiting on the other this week and ordering 2 1".

The only time I have any trouble reaching anyone is after 4. I like the idea of saving on freight though!

I've never had any real issues when ordering from NW. There have been times that a order took longer than expected, but when I called in they were honest about the delay and when I could expect shipment. I have tried the A&A knock offs. There is a HUGE difference in quality, fit and finish. I use NW almost exclusively unless I'm buying from auction or another vendor.

Our flat is free standing

To make more room for toys...... nice. I can't wait to start putting regular racks out! I have 3 Uturn racks that I am converting to 6 way and 8 way sideless. Plust others. I'm looking forward to see the difference in money.

I use NW on racks because they are the fastest to service and rotate stock, much faster. The oak is faster for charity single heads.

The A&A oak knock offs are good all the way through their NW knock offs are all very poor IMO, it's not just the body's of the 95 the coin mechs are very low quality next to the NW (I have 100's of A&A pn95 but most of the mechs have been replaced with nw's mechs)

I use NW on racks because they are the fastest to service and rotate stock, much faster. The oak is faster for charity single heads.

The A&A oak knock offs are good all the way through their NW knock offs are all very poor IMO, it's not just the body's of the 95 the coin mechs are very low quality next to the NW (I have 100's of A&A pn95 but most of the mechs have been replaced with nw's mechs)

I guess I'll have to get a northwestern and see what you mine. It's the 1" cab your referring to?

I have what is best described as a proprietary business process that takes advantage of equipment design to minimize labor. The thing to be concerned with is total cost if ownership. This is why you don't overload a location with equipment ( or use crappy) equipment.

I have found that the A&A parts I have don't fit well at all if they are mixed in with NW parts (or with themselves for that matter).  The tolerances are as tight.  I have to be careful when I take my machines in for powder coating that I don't mix up the parts and have a machine that comes out "loose" when I put them back together.

I have never had good luck contacting and ordering from oak. When I call AA the phone gets answered and my order processed. That along with being able to have machines shipped with caps saving freight is why I use AA. I honestly do not know what oaks cost new because the times I called I never got a good answer. We pay right at 60 with AA thats with the chrome, painted and the upgrade side by side.

I may have to order a 1" and 2" from AA. Any suggestions? Its going on a sideless 8 way. I'm thinking panel, even though AA doesn't sell the xtra can back any more.

Do use xtra cab back?

AA just told me they don't sell the cab back any more!

Thats the same reason we use the small panel heads. This is our standard set up for racks using AA machines.

Do use xtra cab back?

AA just told me they don't sell the cab back any more!

Thats the same reason we use the small panel heads. This is our standard set up for racks using AA machines.

Well they finally charged my card today

Maybe they will be shipping soon!

That's awesome!

Just talked to them a little bit ago.  Now they are waiting on the racks from the chrome guy.  Should be delivered by "tomorrow".  We will see.  I wish I would have acted on this earlier and went to Beaver or A&A before we got to this point.

I think braver is over priced on their stuff. Didn't they go to plastic?

Any ways, aa is on point for sure as HAvending mentioned. Oak had treated me gray, but they will be limited.

I agree mjacks, this is a JOKE.  We're not talking about Amazon here.  Northwestern has about 50-100 products, are you kidding me.  They're still at the chrome guy?  When you talk to a company like Northwestern - one of the biggest names in the bulk industry - you should not be getting a response like, "Oh your rack is still over at Bob's.  His cows got out so he's had a lot on his plate this week - bare with us".  WTF

What I believe is happening is they run on what's called "lean manufacturing". So they don't make any machines, chrome them or put any together until they have an order. It cuts way down on costs, unfortunately, when you don't have a back up plan and one link in the process doesn't work, the whole process is stopped.

Just like what car manufacturers use.... Ann assembly line!

They're probably still working out the kinks. I imagine they didn't start till the last economy melt down.

Haven't charged me yet.  I am damned if I cancel and damned if I wait.  Sounds like it might actually get shipped next week (we will see) and if I cancel it and reorder somewhere else I will almost certainly add to the wait time.  My order is fairly big and it is complicated with all the different color combos I am doing now.  I made a decision last year that I wanted to standardize on one main manufacturer to simplify things.  I thought NW would be a safe bet but now I need to rethink the issue.  If I order anything else from NW in the future we will have to have a serious talk about what is expected.  I never thought we would run into an issue that this from this company.

I will take some blame for not being proactive enough when things looked like they were getting out of hand.  Building a custom home and new workshop for the business, a 17 month old ball of crazy little boy, and a family member that helped me with the business can no longer help because of his back has divided my attention in too many ways. 

Northwestern is a very small company. Maybe big in bulk vending but the bulk vending industry is a grain of sand in the Sahara desert of industry.

Worse yet thanks to the disloyalty of the American people to each other northwestern has been hit hard by Chinese knock offs ( not the least if which is a&a)

We are at a sad place guys. I understand the frustration too. But in the end as our manufactures slide away no amount of finger pointing will fix anything.

Look in the mirror for the culprits and then stop whining.

Archived