Commission % for Soda?

Just curious what the typical commission % for soda is?

*I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I'm a n00b when it comes to the search feature and couldn't find it*

Is it scaled?  Or a flat %?  Do you guys ever take out the costs of repairs from break ins, or are machine break downs/break ins 100% our responsibility?

(so far I've been paying for 100% of breakdowns/break ins for amusement, but wondering if that was standard and I've been doing flat %)

Just curious what the typical commission % for soda is?

*I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I'm a n00b when it comes to the search feature and couldn't find it*

Is it scaled? Or a flat %? Do you guys ever take out the costs of repairs from break ins, or are machine break downs/break ins 100% our responsibility?

(so far I've been paying for 100% of breakdowns/break ins for amusement, but wondering if that was standard and I've been doing flat %)

Commissions for regular locations here are around 15%. I've heard others on here for 10% or less. I wouldn't mention commissions to the locations, and try to keep it as low as possible if so.

Shut your mouth and NEVER EVER mention commissions! NEVER! DO not mention any commissions especially on any day

that ends in "y"

You worked hard to slug all that pop, probably handled it at least 4 times! You deserve every penny from that coin box.....every single one!

If the account still asks for your profits.........called a commission........ tell them this, read twice for best results!

1) offer them a 24 pack of bottled water once a month

2) tell them you will donate 10% of sales to a charity

3) tell them they can commission every second month due to rising fuel, gas, electricity, toothpaste, toilet paper, grocery and any other excuse you can dream up so you can keep ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL your hard earned cash!

4) tell them you will pay once a year.....at Christmas

5) tell them you will contribute a small portion ( real small ) in the form of pop to their Christmas party!

6) offer them a flat rate of $245 per year! At the end of the year in case you get the golden boot!

7) buy them a new microwave at the end of the year!

B) just say 'NO" to commissions! I do, people are shocked but they learn to live without the extra $$$$$$$ they could have had! Poor multi billion dollar companies!

9) offer them free stir stix if they have a coffee service!

10) insert your own idea here! Think hard.....think real hard! Keep that money!

Do whatever it takes NOT to part with your commission.....I mean hard earned profits! You worked hard! You deserve ALL of it!

I can't believe people would advise you to part with your hard earned money! Unbelievable!

Shut your mouth and NEVER EVER mention commissions! NEVER! DO not mention any commissions especially on any day

that ends in "y"

You worked hard to slug all that pop, probably handled it at least 4 times! You deserve every penny from that coin box.....every single one!

If the account still asks for your profits.........called a commission........ tell them this, read twice for best results!

3) tell them they can commission every second month due to rising fuel, gas, electricity, toothpaste, toilet paper, grocery and any other excuse you can dream up so you can keep ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL your hard earned cash!

5) tell them you will contribute a small portion ( real small ) in the form of pop to their Christmas party!

6) offer them a flat rate of $245 per year! At the end of the year in case you get the golden boot!

B) just say 'NO" to commissions! I do, people are shocked but they learn to live without the extra $$$$$$$ they could have had! Poor multi billion dollar companies!

Do whatever it takes NOT to part with your commission.....I mean hard earned profits! You worked hard! You deserve ALL of it!

I can't believe people would advise you to part with your hard earned money! Unbelievable!

And another one joins the ranks of donut, kiwi, and reel

:)

Commission = more work for you for less pay.  I got in this business to make money not give it to the man!

Here is how to pretty much end the topic of commission when someone from a location asks.

What I say is:

So let me get this straight. You want me to . . . . .? 

1. Pay $1,000+ for a soda machine
  2. Pay $75 for a state tax sticker + $35 for a city tax sticker for the soda machine
  3. Pay $1,000+ for a snack machine
  4. Pay $75 for a state tax sticker + $35 for a city tax sticker for the snack machine
  5. Pay for the soda & snacks up front
  6. Put gas in my vehicle & drive to your location
  7. Stock the machines on a regular basis
  8. Order, keep inventory & keep track of what everyone likes + keep it in stock
  9. Deal with out of date product
  10. Perform maintenance on the machines on a regular basis
  11. Charge less than the local convenience store
  12. Whatever else I can think of at the time

Do all the above up front + pay you a commission & hope I make enough after several years to make a profit?

Then I pause for several seconds l & say something like - Do you actually realize how much time & work it takes before I make anything by having my machines at your business . . . . . . . .  Shouldn't I be charging extra for rental of the equipment? 

Whomever I am speaking with has always said something like "I see your point" or "I never thought of it like that" at which point they drop the subject & then never ask me about it again.

This has never not worked for me.

Am I saying that I would never pay a commission? No, but it would have to be a really good account for me to do it.

that ends in "y"

Change # 7 to offer to buy them a new toaster up front (there cheaper than microwaves) plus it will help you sell more Pop Tarts from your snack machine.

I offer 5% (same as coke or Pepsi around here) of will pay the electric bill for the machine.... That works out to about $18.63 per month, as long as I don't run the lights... Haven't ever had anyone complain yet...

I offer 5% (same as coke or Pepsi around here) of will pay the electric bill for the machine.... That works out to about $18.63 per month, as long as I don't run the lights... Haven't ever had anyone complain yet...

Yep those fluorescent lights can be a real killer on a twenty four / seven burn - figure a buck a watt per year (works out to about ten bucks a month)

So how do you guys feel about lights in machines, I have always thought that it will attract people to "the light" and see the bright colors of those candy bars which would increase sales.    I feel all machines NEED to have a light some people say no to light it just causes more problems.

I have an account Snack only and it does 100 a week average never under 92 and never above 110 for the last year straight but 3 weeks ago the light went out my sales that week were 53 dollars I put the light in the next week it did 94..... Do you really think its all because of the light??   at this facility there happens to be a lot of Engineers that fly in from Japan during the summer and I know in Japan they know their vending machines

So how do you guys feel about lights in machines, I have always thought that it will attract people to "the light" and see the bright colors of those candy bars which would increase sales. I feel all machines NEED to have a light some people say no to light it just causes more problems.

I have an account Snack only and it does 100 a week average never under 92 and never above 110 for the last year straight but 3 weeks ago the light went out my sales that week were 53 dollars I put the light in the next week it did 94..... Do you really think its all because of the light?? at this facility there happens to be a lot of Engineers that fly in from Japan during the summer and I know in Japan they know their vending machines

Yes, I do believe that a light can do that. An AP 7000 without a light looks non fubctional. I'm starting to get calls from customers saying my machines aren't working... they are working but the lights are out.

So how do you guys feel about lights in machines, I have always thought that it will attract people to "the light" and see the bright colors of those candy bars which would increase sales.    I feel all machines NEED to have a light some people say no to light it just causes more problems.

I have an account Snack only and it does 100 a week average never under 92 and never above 110 for the last year straight but 3 weeks ago the light went out my sales that week were 53 dollars I put the light in the next week it did 94..... Do you really think its all because of the light??   at this facility there happens to be a lot of Engineers that fly in from Japan during the summer and I know in Japan they know their vending machines

I'm sloooowly switching over to LED.  Those $20 kits are cheaper than maintaining the fluorescents and I run mostly AP7600s that really need that light as they have no display until money is inserted.

Archived