My first route purchase(maybe)

This is a route I'm looking into, haven't verified the sales yet, but I'm told its 15000 + gross a year. He also hasn't given me a price either.

These are the machines on the 5 different locations. I know without model#'s it's hard to value, was hoping for any input at all. Once he provides a price, I'll be in a better position to negotiate.

Thanks for all your valuable time.

#61 Dixie Narco Single price can pop

157 Melinia front Crane Snack with 4 tube and validator

#36 Royal Vendors multi proce soft drink

170 Crane snack with 4 tibe and validator

#28 Dixie Narco multi price can vendor -short machine-

LCM 1 snack

#29 Dixie Narco single price pop (1 bad motor so 1 colume does not work, Im sure could get a new motor)

LCM 1 snack

#63 Vendo 125 single price pop

171 Crane snack

All are plug locks. You would need to supply you locks as we use a custom lock.

As a bonus I would leave any stock in the machine at time of sale but you would need to refill the coin floats as I would empty those.

This is a route I'm looking into, haven't verified the sales yet, but I'm told its 15000 + gross a year. He also hasn't given me a price either.

These are the machines on the 5 different locations. I know without model#'s it's hard to value, was hoping for any input at all. Once he provides a price, I'll be in a better position to negotiate.

#61 Dixie Narco Single price can pop

157 Melinia front Crane Snack with 4 tube and validator

#36 Royal Vendors multi proce soft drink

170 Crane snack with 4 tibe and validator

#28 Dixie Narco multi price can vendor -short machine-

LCM 1 snack

#29 Dixie Narco single price pop (1 bad motor so 1 colume does not work, Im sure could get a new motor)

LCM 1 snack

#63 Vendo 125 single price pop

171 Crane snack

As a bonus I would leave any stock in the machine at time of sale but you would need to refill the coin floats as I would empty those.

The machines are just so-so (too many single pricers) and the route only does slightly better than $100 per machine monthly on average so this is no smokin' deal at any price.  Based on the machine value, I'd only offer in the range of 6k.  This does smell like he's dumping some of his low end accounts.

#61 Dixie Narco Single price can pop   $700.00

157 Melinia front Crane Snack with 4 tube and validator $1200

#36 Royal Vendors multi proce soft drink $800 if not a bottle. $1100 if bottle

170 Crane snack with 4 tibe and validator $1500

#28 Dixie Narco multi price can vendor -short machine- $800 if not bottle $1100 if bottle

LCM 1 snack $1000

#29 Dixie Narco single price pop (1 bad motor so 1 colume does not work, Im sure could get a new motor) $700

LCM 1 snack $1000

#63 Vendo 125 single price pop $500

171 Crane snack  $1500

I come up with a Max value of $10,300 in equipment. Looks like all the snacks are nice. These prices are with all equipment being in good shape and clean. Less if the pop machines are not bottle.

Another $1,000 for inventory and $350 for change in changers. 

A gross of $15,000 yr with supporting records isn't bad. This isn't a barn burner but with good equipment you can look for other locations

Start at $8,000 and no more than $10,000. Again if the multiprice vendors are bottle.

The machines are just so-so (too many single pricers) and the route only does slightly better than $100 per machine monthly on average so this is no smokin' deal at any price. Based on the machine value, I'd only offer in the range of 6k. This does smell like he's dumping some of his low end accounts.

Yes, he is selling off his lower end accounts, I knew this up front. My thoughts are to expand SLOWLY and as I gain more and better machines, more experience then more accounts, more machines etc etc.

My first route I purchased was also very high priced, but I didn't know at the time what I was doing and to this day I still talk to the person that I bought the route from because he helped me to "get in the game" I guess you can say.     I was able to purchase this lower then average route and vended it for about 30 days and fell in love with this industry so I started locating for myself and I have quadrupled by route in the past 2 years. 

I know a lot of you would say to find your own accounts and buy machines as you find accounts, I disagree when you first start.   If you have the money buy a small route and even if it isn't the best deal it will get you going and you will get a taste of the business.

My first route I purchased was also very high priced, but I didn't know at the time what I was doing and to this day I still talk to the person that I bought the route from because he helped me to "get in the game" I guess you can say. I was able to purchase this lower then average route and vended it for about 30 days and fell in love with this industry so I started locating for myself and I have quadrupled by route in the past 2 years.

I know a lot of you would say to find your own accounts and buy machines as you find accounts, I disagree when you first start. If you have the money buy a small route and even if it isn't the best deal it will get you going and you will get a taste of the business.

That's more or less where I'm coming from. I started 1-1/2 years ago and because of the biz-op I got roped into, I'm only just in the black. But I'm in the black, so.I'm doing something rightish. This should help without breaking the bank. Provinding he doesn't have some ridiculous price in mind.

My first route I purchased was also very high priced, but I didn't know at the time what I was doing and to this day I still talk to the person that I bought the route from because he helped me to "get in the game" I guess you can say.     I was able to purchase this lower then average route and vended it for about 30 days and fell in love with this industry so I started locating for myself and I have quadrupled by route in the past 2 years. 

I know a lot of you would say to find your own accounts and buy machines as you find accounts, I disagree when you first start.   If you have the money buy a small route and even if it isn't the best deal it will get you going and you will get a taste of the business.

Yep. it's kind of hard to convince prospective accounts that you can do the job when you have no accounts.

Yep. it's kind of hard to convince prospective accounts that you can do the job when you have no accounts.

Exactly, I have won over a few accounts in the past couple months that I would have never thought I could handle when I first started.

Here his offer, seems reasonable. I was thinking maybe offering 12000.00 and see what happens.

Thoughts?

I did send you the sales print out and can give you the hard copy.

What do you think they are work to you.

Id like 1 times sales, but am looking to make a deal.

Disclosure:

Past sales performance is not a guarantee of future sales.

I am not aware of any account that I am in jeopardy loosing.

The purpose of this is to find a vending supplier to service these accounts as I plan my exit from them.

Machines are sold as is on the date of viewing.

Here his offer, seems reasonable. I was thinking maybe offering 12000.00 and see what happens.

Thoughts?

I did send you the sales print out and can give you the hard copy.

What do you think they are work to you.

Id like 1 times sales, but am looking to make a deal.

Disclosure:

Past sales performance is not a guarantee of future sales.

I am not aware of any account that I am in jeopardy loosing.

The purpose of this is to find a vending supplier to service these accounts as I plan my exit from them.

Machines are sold as is on the date of viewing.

I'd let this one brew a little.  He's trying dump some iffy accounts and get rid of some machines.  The snack machines are good ones but the soda machines not so much.  He really doesn't want to just shut this down due to all the machines he'd be storing (or have to sell one by one.  It's definitely a buyers' market so I wouldn't offer a nickel over 10 grand.

• 4 weeks later...

So after a few weeks and much talk, we finally agreed to 11000.00 - completed the purchase today, met the accounts and now the real work begins. I had it WAY to easy before, the logistics just got very complicated. Snack machines are in relatively good condition but those sodas are as expected.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I think it was an ok buy.

I do appreciate all the awesome advice, thank you all.

Archived