New to vending

Mrsenior

Hello i am new to vending and am looking forward to learning all i can from this site....

I purchased 2 soda machines and 2 snack machines and am currently looking to place them in good locations...any advice would be greatly appreciated....want to do self locating....

Welcome to the forum!  This is a site with an unending amount of information that you can read or search for.  Read through the Locating forum for some help and tips on locating your machines.  Once you get them located or while preparing them for a location you can read and participate in the Beverage and Food forum. 

The one caveat I will put out there about locating your machines is to never broach the subject of commission to the location.  That should be the last thing you mention as any money you give the location comes directly off your bottom line.  Concentrate instead on the terrific service you will give and the desire to be as attentive to their needs as possible. 

Consider too, not placing your snack machines until you have a few soda-only accounts.  Use cans as they have longer shelf lives, are easier to purchase and are easier to handle and to vend.  This allows you to avoid the problem with stale snacks until you get a good understanding of what it takes to run a few soda machines.  If, after you have several soda machines out, you still want to grow then put those snacks out into locations that warrant them, not just want them.  Snacks will sell about 1/2 the units of cans so you can use that to determine which soda accounts might be snack-worthy.  The more snacks you get out the better you will manage your stale products and you won't be good at that until you have about 5 snacks out.

Good luck to you.

Archived