What I bought I on Ebay for 51.00

Had to share this one since I picked it up today..  snack machine looks almost brand new! Guy threw in not 3 like the auction says but 6 coffee machines also.. I dont do coffee but hey they were FREE.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vending-Machine-USI-Plus-3-Instant-Cappuccino-Vending-Machines-/111417643176?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=0XUXP8Zq%252Bj2EXKfSMgYHhBD52Jo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

This machine goes to its new location next week!

Just so you know, the machine was not new in 1999 nor is it likely that it was "used for only one year" and it doesn't weigh "200 lbs."  Just had to point out the disengenuous seller.  But hell, for $51, who would complain.  Nice find and it has a Coinco validator which is a good upgrade to the original Maka.

stupid link..hmm let me try again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111417643176

Just so you know, the machine was not new in 1999 nor is it likely that it was "used for only one year" and it doesn't weigh "200 lbs."  Just had to point out the disengenuous seller.  But hell, for $51, who would complain.  Nice find and it has a Coinco validator which is a good upgrade to the original Maka.

Damn AZ..you know how to run down a guys equipment LOL just kidding :)

I know its not new in 1999.. what I think he meant was it was "new to him in 1999".. I for sure know it dont weigh 200 pounds as it was easy to slide on our lift gate and put in the truck. He was an older guy tho so I let these things go lol...

Im just glad it was in the condition he said it was and all working when we got there.. I felt bad handing him 51.00 for such a nice unit..especially since he gave me the working coin operated coffee units...

Out of curiosity, what kind of coffee machines are they? The ad mentioned them but lacked pictures of them.

Ill get pictures of them tomorrow and post them. I do not mess with coffee.. to me they seem like nice units but I dont want to mess with them.only reason I took them cause they were free.. if someone would want them Id be open to offers in cash or trade.. just to get back some garage space..

I have bought a lot of stuff off of eBay & in most cases the sellers really don't know much about what they are selling or what its really worth.  They just know they want to get rid of it & get some money for it with a minimal amount of effort.  I don't think that most sellers are disingenuous, they just aren't as thorough nor do they pay attention to detail like they should.   Lack of attention detail is often good for the buyer, as in this case, just the snack machine itself is easily worth 5 times the $51 selling price.  If the seller had been more thorough & detailed in their listing & promoted it better then I am sure they could have easily sold the equipment for significantly more. 

I've always seen Ebay as stuff overpriced on purpose and Craigslist as stuff overpriced because sellers are clueless.  I did point out the obvious misleading mistakes in that Ebay ad before I realized that the price paid was $51.00, not that it was the opening bid as I thought.  A great deal regardless. 

With the "A" models, should you find yourself replacing the Tuff Fronts, just loosen the trim pieces. Don't take them off completely or you'll probably never get them back on - some of those screws are a real bear to get reseated.  That's a good score - three wides are kind of rare and Wittern was about the only mfg. of the older units.  I think AMS makes one but that's a much newer machine and costs a lot more.  Heck, the validator and coin mech are worth the $51.  I paid $300 for a 3013 in good shape and I thought that was a good deal.

As a further note - you should plan on putting some sand in the bottom, while this machine weighs a good bit more than 200 lbs., it's still pretty easy to shake and the sand will cut that back dramatically.  Ten bucks at Home Depot (construction sand) should do it - leave the sand in the bags  ;D

As a further note - you should plan on putting some sand in the bottom, while this machine weighs a good bit more than 200 lbs., it's still pretty easy to shake and the sand will cut that back dramatically.  Ten bucks at Home Depot (construction sand) should do it - leave the sand in the bags  ;D

Leave the sand in the bags? Now what fun is that? :)

Archived