jvl vortex dba settings?

redmms250713

Does anyone know the settings for the dba on a jvl vortex? When i got it, it was not working, so I took it out and noticed everything is in the off position? The lights or led or anything does not turn on on the dba. But the coin mech works fine and its running power from the dba? Could it be just dead?

post-9059-0-90286300-1407397221_thumb.jpg

Those switches should make in difference in it powering on or not.  I run mine all in the off position and just scan the settings in using the template that is included with the DBA.

If you're certain that you are getting the proper voltage to the validator based on the serial number label, then if you will have at least a  flashing LED on the back of it.  If there's no sign of life in the validator then it's bad and must be repaired.  Again, this is if the proper voltage is being supplied to the validator up to the end of the 9 pin connector leading to the side of the validator.

looks like im going to need a new one :(

Is it easy to "flash" one to pdate it to accept newer $5's? Im not sure how or what to do to do this but they state it needs to be updated/flashed. Sorry guys this is my first dba unit so just learning!!! Thanks a ton for all your help so far!!!

Upgrading it to take new 5's will depend on the age of the validator.  The quickest way to tell is if the words Flash Port are on any label or if the MEI on the label has a red dot on the letter I.  Those are the easiest ways to tell if it's new enough for new currency.  If it's not then you would have to get a newer validator. 

If you'd like one to take 5's you can send me a PM and I can exchange it for you.

• 3 weeks later...

9 times out of ten it's just a bad cap on the main board.  Literally a .25 cent fix.  I'm sure hundreds of 2000 series mars have came through this shop with that easy fix. 

If it came from a Vortex it's a "flashable" one for sure and easy to upgrade to the new fives.  Boy.....that brings back memories....of when my touchscreens actually had several $5 dollar bills in them when we collected.  These days.....we're lucky to find a $1 dollar bill. 

Archived