Vendo V475 not taking money

loach33

I offered to take a look at this machine in a business where I have bulk.  I don't own any Vendos but this may be just a validator issue.

The validator is a BA30B.  The coin mech is a coinco 3000 series 3 tube.  They are not MDB ready.  There is a harness that runs from the coin mech to the validator.  The harness has a number on it - 501835.  The end going into the validator has the white horizontal inch and a half wide connector.  6-7 pins in there?

So, there is no power to the validator.  No red light is on.  When putting a coin in it just runs straight thru and back to the coin return.  The coin mech will dispense coins if you press the buttons on the mech to manually dispense.

The lights do not work.  You can see a faint wave in the left side light.

I didn't have a similar validator to test a different one.  Is this the simple fix?  Just a bad validator?   

I tried to look for a blown fuse but couldn't see where one might be.  There is no display on the outside of the machine.  Seemed odd but maybe that's normal on older machines?  This machine does cool just fine FYI.

If the first step to solving the problem is to try another validator then I guess I'll recommend to them to send in the mech for repair.

Any thoughts?  Thanks 

The vend circuit is open due to either a jammed column or a bad motor switch.  Pull the motor cover and look for a motor not at home (narrow switch arm in the notch of the motor cam, wide switch arm on the high side of the cam).  If all motors are at home then lift, one by one, the narrow switch arms out of their notches which will start a vend of that motor.  Don't hold the switch arm or you'll get two vends as it's real quick.  After each vend, try the coin mech to see if it takes money.  If it does after any one vend then you have a bad switch on that motor you just vended.

If your inspection shows a motor caught in mid-vend then you need to unjam that column.  Watch your fingers!

On a single price Vendo when there is a power spike or surge or maybe more than 1 motor jam the switches will over heat. Vendo switches are cheap and they don't use springs in them. The spring is a type of spring copper and when they are overheated they lose their tension. If you find 1 there may be more. And if there isn't there will be soon to follow. 

I recommend replacing all the switches or you will be back over and over. Big flaw in older Vendo's

On a single price Vendo when there is a power spike or surge or maybe more than 1 motor jam the switches will over heat. Vendo switches are cheap and they don't use springs in them. The spring is a type of spring copper and when they are overheated they lose their tension. If you find 1 there may be more. And if there isn't there will be soon to follow. 

I recommend replacing all the switches or you will be back over and over. Big flaw in older Vendo's

That could have happened.  They do have it plugged into a four way outlet where they have a neon sign plugged in there and I don't know where the other two things plugged in there go.   That was going to be my first recommendation to them.  Get all that other stuff off that outlet.

Low voltage can cause just as many problems as power surges. To many power hungry machinery on 1 circuit is bad for vendors. #1 Compress need amperage and so do motors. Running on low amperage will cause the motors and compressor to overheat and prematurely burn up. A vendor needs at least 10 amps to run and be safe. Older compressors will use more than newer ones but cheap cords (never use) like a light cord won't supply enough amps and the compressor will overheat and fail. The vend motors don't use much but if the compressor and what ever else were running all at the same time (on the circuit) then the vend motors would not get enough power and cause them jam. Once jammed it will try to run until it overheats and cuts out on the overload and then the circuit is ready for another vend then it jams and now you have 2 jams and on Vendos that can cause the motor circuit to overheat and destroy all those cheap switches.  Hope that makes since. 

Archived