Vendo v475 making loud noise...

sams86gn

I have a Vendo V475 at my buddys junkyard and it was cooling drinks great for about 2 months after I purchased it and it just started making a VERY loud noise. I have not heard it for myself but he says it is extremely loud and sounds like a knocking noise. He unplugged it. When I got there I plugged it up and it sounded normal. Stayed for a couple hours and it wouldn't do it. When I left he said it started again. Before it started doing this, It must have gotten really cold, because the drinks on the lower level were frozen and some of them had busted open. Who knows what is wrong with this machine?

The frozen sodas are caused by a bad themostat that isn't turning the compressor off. This has probably caused lots of ice to build up on and around the evaporator which the evaporator fan can contact causing a loud helicopter sound. You will need to turn the machine off, remove all burst or frozen cans and then hose the machine out. Make sure the water properly drains out through the cabinet drain. Unclog it if needed. Then you must replace the thermostat.

If you need a thermostat you can send me a PM and I will ship one to you.

If you have frozen pop try getting them out while frozen makes less of a mess. Second let vendor set for a day before turning compressor back on, the frozen pop will continue to freeze up for a day or so after changing out thermostat because the evaporator is very cold when the compressor runs. 0 degrees and any cans that are still frozen will explode.  Make sure you clean all the syrup up. The best way is like AZ says take it out and pressure wash if possible. But then you need to let it dry out for a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived