Blazing Quarters & Canadian Shipping

huynhhh

Hi, I have an opportunity to put an arcade machine in a very popular arcade where I live. I've chosen to buy a Blazing Quarter Coin Shooter but I'm having a few difficulties getting in contact with the owner, but that's beyond the point..

When I do get in touch with the company owners, my concern is that they do not ship to Canada, where I live. So my main question here is,

What kind of paper work do I need to fill out to bring it over the border IF they do ship to Canada,

If not, will renting a vehicle and bringing it over the border be a viable option, (taking off and throwing the pallet away before crossing over)

And lastly, will I be held up at customs because I'm bringing a coin pusher across the border. I've tried searching different forums for info but couldn't seem to find any.

Please help, thanks in advanced :)

Hi, I have an opportunity to put an arcade machine in a very popular arcade where I live. I've chosen to buy a Blazing Quarter Coin Shooter but I'm having a few difficulties getting in contact with the owner, but that's beyond the point..

When I do get in touch with the company owners, my concern is that they do not ship to Canada, where I live. So my main question here is,

What kind of paper work do I need to fill out to bring it over the border IF they do ship to Canada,

If not, will renting a vehicle and bringing it over the border be a viable option, (taking off and throwing the pallet away before crossing over)

And lastly, will I be held up at customs because I'm bringing a coin pusher across the border. I've tried searching different forums for info but couldn't seem to find any.

Please help, thanks in advanced :)

Coin pushers are illegal in many parts of the States and I'd be real surprised if they were legal in Canada.  Aside from normal customs duties you may get held for attempting to import contraband.  A nice chicken would be much safer.

Coin pushers are illegal in many parts of the States and I'd be real surprised if they were legal in Canada. Aside from normal customs duties you may get held for attempting to import contraband. A nice chicken would be much safer.

I couldn't find any info on the legality of it in Canada, but I was going to use it for tokens, that's legal right? Tokens have no cash value, so it's not really money out.. Any thoughts ? (Tokens specifically say "no cash value")

Coin pushers are not illegal in any state as just a empty machine.  The states where they become illegal is when it is operated and has US currency in it where customers can win it, but just empty new machine not functioning it is not illegal. Same argument was made by lawyers when non functioning machines where seized was the fact that a pack of playing cards are just as illegal in the regards that they could be used as a gambling device the same as the coin pusher but on their own they are not..

the model you mention the deluxe coin shooter I have had tested at BMM labs and the conclusion was it was a game of skill and not a game of chance.

I have been out of the office the last couple weeks working on another project , you are free to make your own shipping arrangements if you need too. The only time i have shipped to Canada was to Manitoba to one large operator in Winnepeg and he bought several but he had wharehouse in Wisconsin i would ship to and he would pick up on his own and ferry across the border.  The one time i did ship to canada with him it was about 500 for one skid with company i used and that included entry etc.

Coin pushers are not illegal in any state as just a empty machine. The states where they become illegal is when it is operated and has US currency in it where customers can win it, but just empty new machine not functioning it is not illegal. Same argument was made by lawyers when non functioning machines where seized was the fact that a pack of playing cards are just as illegal in the regards that they could be used as a gambling device the same as the coin pusher but on their own they are not..

the model you mention the deluxe coin shooter I have had tested at BMM labs and the conclusion was it was a game of skill and not a game of chance.

I have been out of the office the last couple weeks working on another project , you are free to make your own shipping arrangements if you need too. The only time i have shipped to Canada was to Manitoba to one large operator in Winnepeg and he bought several but he had wharehouse in Wisconsin i would ship to and he would pick up on his own and ferry across the border. The one time i did ship to canada with him it was about 500 for one skid with company i used and that included entry etc.

So what you're saying is using tokens would be ok because it's not currency? Correct me if I'm wrong

Ron, It would be much more convenient if you could ship it to my destination in Canada, would it clear over the border ok? Shed some light on me :P

as far as i know its ok to use tokens in any pusher, i have them in redemption arcades with token in and token out and there has never been a eyebrow raised in my area.  you just have to be sure that location will not buy tokens back from customers if they dont use them, which is never a problem normally but that could cause a issue if they could be exchanged for cash.

I can contact the shipping company and get you a quote and you can arrange shipping through them directly, that way there is not incidence of incidental charges coming back to me for say customs duties etc. like in case of US shipping i get charges for lift gates and inside deliveries that were not authorized and i have to refuse to pay and then it creates a big mess.

as far as i know its ok to use tokens in any pusher, i have them in redemption arcades with token in and token out and there has never been a eyebrow raised in my area. you just have to be sure that location will not buy tokens back from customers if they dont use them, which is never a problem normally but that could cause a issue if they could be exchanged for cash.

I can contact the shipping company and get you a quote and you can arrange shipping through them directly, that way there is not incidence of incidental charges coming back to me for say customs duties etc. like in case of US shipping i get charges for lift gates and inside deliveries that were not authorized and i have to refuse to pay and then it creates a big mess.

Yes please that would be fantastic, I can't Private message anybody due to being a new member.. But do you know when aprox. You can get a quote?

Archived