What is the reasonable amount one can make from a vending machine per month?

SmartSticky

I am thinking of starting a Healthy vending business but I am totally confused by a huge difference in earning estimates given by different people.

When I checked different vending forums, most of the people are talking about between $100-$200 gross sales per month.

I am taking to Naturals2Go company to buy healthy vending machines. I was sent a list of references of Vending operators who are already in the healthy vending business. When I talked to these operators, they say they are making gross sales between $500-$1000 per machine per month.

If I compare this is a huge difference in the range given by two sets of operators-  $100 and $1000.

This survey has left me totally confused.

Can somebody tell me what is a reasonable amount one can expect from a machine per month?

I will really appreciate.

Don't go healthy

Crap machines usually

Also healthy don't make money

Instead get a 300 dollar soda machine made by dixie narco, vendo, or royal and place in a tire shop or something to start, then profess into snacks and bigger locations

Also the references are usually the best performers or paid shills

• Like 1

I have a customer here who purchased 5 machines similar to what you're looking at.  They knew nothing about vending and were sold a bill of goods by the sales people they spoke with.  They are doing okay with the 5 locations they have (took several months to place them all) but they now realize that healthy vending is just a selling tactic and that their customers really want standard vending products.  The locations they have were obtained partly due to the "healthy" selections that they put in their machines, and they are still trying to do as much healthy stuff as they can, but they also recognize that they must have some sugary and fatty stuff as well to boost their sales.  They have told me that they will not be going any further with the healthy vending program and they will be purchasing good used normal machines in the future.

• Like 1

There used to be a member here that had this type of machine. He started a thread on it and it was a good read because he took us into everything he did with the route. I think if you scroll back about 2-3 years ago I think you would locate it.

• Like 1

I am thinking of starting a Healthy vending business but I am totally confused by a huge difference in earning estimates given by different people.

When I checked different vending forums, most of the people are talking about between $100-$200 gross sales per month.

I am taking to Naturals2Go company to buy healthy vending machines. I was sent a list of references of Vending operators who are already in the healthy vending business. When I talked to these operators, they say they are making gross sales between $500-$1000 per machine per month.

If I compare this is a huge difference in the range given by two sets of operators-  $100 and $1000.

This survey has left me totally confused.

Can somebody tell me what is a reasonable amount one can expect from a machine per month?

I will really appreciate.

I'm not going to go into the standard Healthy bashing here, it's like kicking a dead horse.  I will say that $500 per month per location is the sweet spot for most of us running a snack and soda set up.  That's two trips a month where you should make just north of $100 per trip - anything less is not worth the effort.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great info. Looks like strategy for success is low equipment cost and Location.

Did the guy who sold you the  machines, tell you why he was not successful? Normally these biz-op companies offer location scouting and acquisition help too. I am wondering why he was so much discouraged to sell is 55 K machines for 5K.

Thanks for the great info. Looks like strategy for success is low equipment cost and Location.

Did the guy who sold you the  machines, tell you why he was not successful? Normally these biz-op companies offer location scouting and acquisition help too. I am wondering why he was so much discouraged to sell is 55 K machines for 5K.

I can tell you that the biz op sellers aren't very concerned whether the locations they find for their buyers are good locations or not.  They cold call over the phone, get someone to say yes and then tell the buyer that they can put their machine in.  Most of the time the location is lousy for a variety of reasons and the new vendor doesn't realize how bad the locations will do until they have had their machine placed for a month or two.  By then, the biz op isn't going to answer the phone or return calls and the new vendor is on their own.  It's not too hard to figure out how they get discouraged so quickly.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Vending business is one of such rare types of business that, with high profitability (in the pre-crisis years 300%), and low starting investments remain undervalued by entrepreneurs - which means that competition in this sphere is not high.

a well placed vending machine can earn more than $100 each week