a few definitions/actions?

redmms250713

Sorry for the questions guys but wondering if someone could explain these few things to me, im super new to vending and just learning!

I see on a coin acceptor it sais NO, NC, COM. What are these ports for?

Also what is a bill recycler? Is it a bill changer that gives only other bills? Can they be added to any machine?

Thanks a ton! So great to find a site with so many helpful and knowledgeable people!

The switch nomenclature you asked about is C for the Common terminal, NO for the Normally Open terminal and NC for the Normally Closed terminal.  A bill recycler is an option on some bill validators from Mars, Coinco and Currenza (Crane National Vendors).  They usually are set up to store a preset number of $1 bills in the recycler portion of the unit while extra 1's and other denominations are stacked.  When change payout is required that is over $1, the recycler will pay the bills out from the recycler instead of paying out coins.  If you have a high dollar machine and are accepting 10's and 20's, you can set the unit to recycle 5's instead of 1's.  I do not know if you can just add a recycler to any amusement machine unless it has a control board that manages the bill validator through a communication harness.

Archived