What is the best way to do Market analysis for vending business

Never heard of it. There's a Vending How guy on here.

What sells in your city, convenience stores besides alcohol, lol? Are you in a big city? Did you read the posts on here about locations? Blue collar, etc. Wherever there's a demand for a drink or a Snickers, you have the opportunity to sell. Blue collar locations, schools, high volume of people, etc.

I'll let the others chime in.

I am not 100% sure what you are looking for,   But I have used a lead program that you can search businesses within a certain city/zipcode/county/state and refine the search for amount of employees and even industry search.   You can search online for companies that will send you leads and most will send you an excel spreadsheet full of addresses phone numbers and person of contacts for business in the area you ask for.. of coures its not free ...............  I think Infousa.com is a good site to check out.

This is pretty much a crap shoot.  You can find a location you'd think would be hot and it turns out to be a dud - or the dud that out of the blue hires about a half dozen snack/soda addicts and all of a sudden you're in the money.  It's like poker, you can't win if you don't ante.

Never heard of it. There's a Vending How guy on here.

What sells in your city, convenience stores besides alcohol, lol? Are you in a big city? Did you read the posts on here about locations? Blue collar, etc. Wherever there's a demand for a drink or a Snickers, you have the opportunity to sell. Blue collar locations, schools, high volume of people, etc.

I'll let the others chime in.

That is the point. I know I have to find places like schools with good amount of students, Factories/warehouses with 80 or more workers, high volume places etc but I want to do homework before going to the field so that I look for and go to the right places to get the best locations without wasting a lot of time. I was wondering there should be a way to find and analyze the data about the locations so that I make an educted decision to approach the locations. I tried to search online but could not find any website of service that could get me the data about the locations.

I think I know what you're talking about.

I know of two sources for the info you're looking for. One is free and one is paid. The free one was discussed here many years ago so I'll try to find the thread for you. There is a paid one as well that Bev uses. Her member name is poplady1. Try PM'ing her for more info.

This is pretty much a crap shoot. You can find a location you'd think would be hot and it turns out to be a dud - or the dud that out of the blue hires about a half dozen snack/soda addicts and all of a sudden you're in the money. It's like poker, you can't win if you don't ante.

I've had a factory location for two years now. About 90 employees running 24/5 at times 24/7. Last vendor serviced once a month. I'm there twice a week. Last vendors poor service got me the location.

The company was bought out about three months ago. I knew they were going to move, I was just hoping it was in town. Well, they are moving...in town, more then tripling their space and are hiring 70 more people! I was told 24/7 will be the norm instead of the exception.

Moral of this long story, you just never know!

I've had a factory location for two years now. About 90 employees running 24/5 at times 24/7. Last vendor serviced once a month. I'm there twice a week. Last vendors poor service got me the location.

The company was bought out about three months ago. I knew they were going to move, I was just hoping it was in town. Well, they are moving...in town, more then tripling their space and are hiring 70 more people! I was told 24/7 will be the norm instead of the exception.

Moral of this long story, you just never know!

You got to know when to hold em and when to fold em 

....................  sorry JAX

That is the point. I know I have to find places like schools with good amount of students, Factories/warehouses with 80 or more workers, high volume places etc but I want to do homework before going to the field so that I look for and go to the right places to get the best locations without wasting a lot of time. I was wondering there should be a way to find and analyze the data about the locations so that I make an educted decision to approach the locations. I tried to search online but could not find any website of service that could get me the data about the locations.

There's the old fashioned method - check out the parking lot

I have 2 warehouses one has about 100 employees the other has 35 employees they both run 24/7 and the warehouse with 35 employees does double what the 100 employee warehouse does,  it doesnt make sense to me at all but like the other guys were saying its all a gamble.

Archived