DMV 72 N8

I've never heard of that model before.  You need to post a photo of it because it might be a rebranded machine.  Some of the snack manufacturers years ago would sell can drink machines made by DN or Vendo and rebrand them with their own model numbers.  This might be what you have so either post a photo or a link to the ebay listing and we can tell you what you have.

I've never heard of that model before.  You need to post a photo of it because it might be a rebranded machine.  Some of the snack manufacturers years ago would sell can drink machines made by DN or Vendo and rebrand them with their own model numbers.  This might be what you have so either post a photo or a link to the ebay listing and we can tell you what you have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281387559107?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

this is the link, if it don't work its number 281387559107.It says flexpak 3000 inside.

John

Good ol D/N DMV72...... Second attempt D/N made at making a bottle vendor. It had a lot of problems until the last production but by then Pepsi was disgusted with it. For every two they turned in D/N gave them a 501E. There are no more parts for them.

If you got one of the last ones built they were pretty good. Problem cans would not roll down (Would tell customer to shack vendor and you could hear them roll down) and would hang up leaving it soldout. and once it was soldout the door would have to be opened to make it think it was filled. I think they called them cassettes 2 on each roll out bar. With a total of 5 slides or ten selections. Cans were 4 deep and bottles 2. One bottle in each cassette. Or 2 cans. The actuators were plastic. They could deliver product as fast as a RockOla. Problem the sheet metal in the cassettes was weak. In the last productions they used plastic and had great success. One of the boards in the lower left hand side of the refrigeration Cabinet not a good idea. I haven't seen one in several years now. Most were crushed.    

Sounds like a Flex-Pak DN72 W. We still operate a couple but parts are very hard to find. We starved what we could from inits we scrapped. Not one of Dixie's better ideas. To convert between bootles and cans you need to swap a bottle module with 2 can modules. I can see why it was discontinued. I think they sent out in the early-mid 90's

Ah yes, now I remember this blast from the past. It's a DN Flexpak vendor. As rmorris said there are 5 sets of racks in the cabinet of which only one can be pulled out at one time. Inside each rack was 2 or 3 selections of products and the machine used a board similar to an SIID logic board (but different) in which space-to-sales programming was used to tie the selection buttons to the columns in the racks. When I was an operator I saw one of these for sale by a machine distributor and I immediately recognized that in order to fill the machine in any semblence of order you would have to stack the product on your cart in exactly the order of how the racks were filled or you would be shuffling cases of soda around so you could fill the machine. I saw it as a labor-intensive machine to fill, having to pull 5 different racks out both to inventory and to fill. Production didn't last long and very few made it into operators hands.

If you decide to use the machine, I do have a complete machine in my shop for parts, if you need any.

If it works well then you could flip it. Just be mindful of your reputation if the buyer thinks they got taken advantage of. The validator can easily be upgraded if that's your concern.

The flexpac is a dark day for Dixie.

This is the only Dixie machine I could never make work.

I say get it to the scrap yard before any more of its bad luck rubs off on you!

I think the refer unit will fit other Dixie’s.

Walta

AZ bottles were vended. If I remember correctly you removed the actuators (vend mechanisms) on the bottom of the cassettes (or module) and move the spacer (or divider) inside all the way to the left. Then put one of the Actuators (Vend mechanisms) in the middle of the module. Tie the loose wires for the unused vend mechanism out of the way. When you power up the vendor it will reconfigure the number of vemd mechanisms.    Dixie made a holder for the vend mechanisms in the door between the lights and every vendor came with 2 extra vend mechanisms. 

When there was a module (2 vend mechanisms) setup for cans the electronics would see that as one column. So the front one empties and then the back vends once there isn't a vend on the front.

There were only 4 problems with vendor

The  first modules made didn't let bottles and cans empty out and product would hang up. I think they made 3 attempts at these modules with the last one being pretty good.

Second was the wiring harness for the modules was flimsy and had to be replace a lot

Third was the door used a lock bar like a snack vendor but very strong. It was hard to close and techs would loosen it up and then the door wouldn't seal correctly causing it to freeze up. It was all in the way you had to close the door. You had to slam door and at the moment it hit turn the tee handle at the same time.

And then the route drivers hated them also.

If you got a good one they worked very well. 1 in 10 

If you go to manual AZ posted page 50 gives the break down of the modules and vend mechanisms 

This machine is a useless POS.

It is a waste of your life trying to make it work.

Dixie would have never bought back machines that could have been made to operate correctly.

I know this maybe a pain full lesson.

Please understand every minute you spend on this machine just increases the cost of this lesson.

This machine will work about 85% of the time but then it will jam and the product will fail to move down in the column, a customer will get cheated out of a soda. They may shake the machine and then the soda moves you show up and test that selection 20 times it works every time you try it. An intermittent machine is very likely piss off your location and get you booted.  

Walta

I had two of them in storage units I purchase, I listened to everybody who chipped in and said to junk them!

Kept decks, coin mechs, dba's.

Scrapped the rest!

Thanks to Walta, Randy, Mission!

cajun

Archived