Where to buy bottled soda in Phoenix

Pdm422

I have a route in Phoenix and currently only sell cans. I have a location asking me to switch to a glass front machine and bottles. I have looked and can't find a place to buy bottles, except Vistar. Does anyone have other places or suggestions.

You can find many of the bottles at the Costco business center at 35th Ave and Indian School Rd. but Vistar/Vendsource will have the best variety if you are looking at 20 oz bottles.  Before you do this you should seriously investigate the bottle supply market here.  Even though we have the most competitive soda market in the country, the cost of 20 oz bottles is through the roof.  If you aren't purchasing in truckload or at least pallet quantities, you won't be able to offer a very good price to your customers.  For that reason many operators are changing to 16.9 oz bottles from Coke and to 24 oz bottles from Pepsi.  Both sizes will save you about .10-.20 per bottle and allow a more profitable pricing situation for you.  It will look odd to your customers due to the two bottle sizes, especially if both sizes are sold at the same price, but many vendors have good success with two pricing scenarios: both bottle sizes at the same price, or the larger bottle at a higher price than the small bottle but both selling for the same price per ounce.  Both methods have had good results with different vendors.  

I perform repair service in the Phoenix metro area so if you are in need of any parts or repairs please send me a PM and I can give you my contact information. 

The 24 oz bottles will usually fit any machine that can handle two 20 oz bottles deep.  The shims are the same but you need to change your motor cam to one notch showing or your programming to 1 product deep as well as adjust your rear spacer.  As always, test your setup and the column placement to ensure your bottles vend properly.  The longer bottles will often have problems in the corner columns of the machine.

You can find many of the bottles at the Costco business center at 35th Ave and Indian School Rd. but Vistar/Vendsource will have the best variety if you are looking at 20 oz bottles. Before you do this you should seriously investigate the bottle supply market here. Even though we have the most competitive soda market in the country, the cost of 20 oz bottles is through the roof. If you aren't purchasing in truckload or at least pallet quantities, you won't be able to offer a very good price to your customers. For that reason many operators are changing to 16.9 oz bottles from Coke and to 24 oz bottles from Pepsi. Both sizes will save you about .10-.20 per bottle and allow a more profitable pricing situation for you. It will look odd to your customers due to the two bottle sizes, especially if both sizes are sold at the same price, but many vendors have good success with two pricing scenarios: both bottle sizes at the same price, or the larger bottle at a higher price than the small bottle but both selling for the same price per ounce. Both methods have had good results with different vendors.

I perform repair service in the Phoenix metro area so if you are in need of any parts or repairs please send me a PM and I can give you my contact information.

I was most Kelly going to go with the 16.9 oz due to cost. I am not big enough yet to buy in pallet quantities.

What is your opinion on glass front machines, like the DN beg max?

The original DN Bevmax bottle drop machine is very good if it's a later model with all the updates like tall updated gates, product pushers on the slides, working drop sensors and MDB mech and validator.  The Bev 2 and Bev 3 elevator models are ones to avoid due to design issues they had that weren't all rectified before the Bev 4 came out.  Therefore, the Bev 4 is the best choice if you are looking for an elevator machine - but they are very pricey.

I have a Bevmax for sale if you are in need of one.

Archived