Horrified at Sams Club

AngryChris

• 2 weeks later...

The 72ct are .48 were im at.so r the pmm ones. Everything else is .55 to .59 :( you guys need to offer less chocolates. I see vendors put a whole row of candy bars. They dont even sell as well as other better margin items. put chocolates at 1.25

So chocolate prices went up right.   So, why did they also raise the candy prices?   Skittles and Starburst cases are the same price (62 cents) as the chocolate.  Those are made by Mars of course.  

I think I'd get a lot of blowback raising chocolate to $1.  I've got in between 85 and 95 now depending on the location.  I raised a couple places a nickel.  But, I raised other items that I thought a nickle to a dime increase would not be noticed as much.  I think overall I'll cover the increase.  

I have three sams clubs I but from. The one that is closest to me does not offer the snickers 72ct but the other two do. The prices went up at all three stores as well . 36 ct candy bars are now $21.94 and they were $19.88. The 18 ct fast break and nutrageous are up from $9.98 to $10.98 and the jack links 12 ct variety packs went from $14.88 to $17.36 each . At our sams they used to have their new vending machines on display so you could check them out and then they moved a snack and a drink machine to the front if the store with product in them so you can check them out and now they have them in the vestibule as you walk out the door. The main one I go to doesn't carry recees pieces ,ritz bitz,the 72ct snickers or some of the pastries. I hope that sams doesn't plan on eliminating more vending items . I don't believe they would ever get rid of the vending items totally because evertime I go in tree there are carts after carts loaded and waiting to be picked up from customers at the front desk. I remember sams club use to be only business owners could shop there but now they let anyone in I believe. And it seems they are changing some things over to increase sales with individual sales than business. Just some thoughts ......

i just raised prices. all my comission places 1.50 snikers and pmms. all non comission 1.25. i went to costco and all snickers and pmms 42ct were .51c. i bought 24 cases of them. that was alot lol $600 just in chocolates :( and its not even alot but sams had them all at .61 to .63. ridiculous.

Jason,

That is how the rebates work.  I was signed up with all the programs when I was running my routes.  We got rebates from Frito Lay, Mars and Hershey so if you figure out how to sign up at Sams make sure you ask about other programs too.  The only issue with the programs is that they are probably still performance driven and if you don't have case growth year over year you might find that the program will only last you for one year.  They will assign you a base number in the first year based on the number of machines you have out so don't fudge your numbers or it can hurt you.  Your second year goal will be based on your first year's purchases.  With any luck, they have gotten more lenient but they don't give out free money.  Be prepared to grow to make it worthwhile.

does anyone know how the mars rebate program works at sams club? supposedly you can get rebates quarterly based on the volume you buy.

It has been a few years since I checked, but MM/Mars required 20,000 cases a year to qualify...I'm not there yet!

• 3 weeks later...

Snickers up $.04 to $.58 each at Costco here in Oregon now.   I'll start raising price to $1.25 most likely.  I only have 3 snack machines in a commission location now.

Archived