vending problem

temp04

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with my vending machine. But not sure what the problem is. It's a dixie narco machine with a magpro validator. The diagnostic light is off on the validator and the coin mech has solid light. It is able to take a bill but when you make a selection it just dispense coins and return money to customer. What should I do? Thank you in advance

You must remember to post the model of your machine or we are just guessing here.  You also need to mention whether you have a multiprice machine if this is a soda machine.

It sounds to me like you have no prices set in the machine so when you try to select something the machine sees no prices set so it refunds the money.  Check your prices and reprice the machine if needed.

Out of change? No quarters or nickels. Since it won't take change the changer has been depleted and can no longer make change. Or coin mech has bad sensors and thinks it is empty. Or its a S11 D board with a blown motor fuse and it is trying to vend but motor won't vend and it returns the money. In any case the coin mech is not working and it needs to be checked for a coin jam. Then it most likely will do the same thing. 

Sorry, I think it's a DN600E beverage machine. I don't think it's price issue. It had problem since last week. When I press a selection without credit last week. It was telling me to try another option. After I open up the machine last wek, the validator diagnostic light was off. After i press that cLose door switch. It goes thru the process and the validator light was back to solid. So I thought i just need a reset. When i closed the door then tpress a selection, it was showing correct price. But today when I open the machine, the validator diagnostic light was off. But i tried to reset, it doesn't go back to normal anymore. I put in a dollar bill and press a selection, the machine just return me a dollar worth of coin. I hope this gives some hint of what's going on. Please let me know what other test I should try. Thank you

It sounds like you have a board problem.  As rmorris said, there may be a blown fuse on your logic board.  If you power the machine off and remove the cover from the board you will see three fuses in the upper left corner.  The motor fuse is probably blown and must be replaced with the same fuse (try Radio Shack).  If you replace it and the machine then blows it again upon another vend, then you either have a jammed column or a bad board. 

thank you all for your help.  It looks like it was a blown fuse.  But I have another dumb question.  There were three fuses with different amps.  the one that was blown was the one in the middle.  I looked at the one that was blown and it was showing the correct amp.  but I am not sure what the Voltage should be.. it is showing 125 but there other two fuse has 250V.  i bought another one to replace it.. but I was wondering if should have got a 250V instead. 

thank you all for your help.  It looks like it was a blown fuse.  But I have another dumb question.  There were three fuses with different amps.  the one that was blown was the one in the middle.  I looked at the one that was blown and it was showing the correct amp.  but I am not sure what the Voltage should be.. it is showing 125 but there other two fuse has 250V.  i bought another one to replace it.. but I was wondering if should have got a 250V instead. 

see my previous post at http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/17126-royal-552/?p=160712

The first S11 D D/N boards came out with 4 amp fuses and later they found these were to small and from then on they were 6 amp. Some fuses are designated as slow blow. This means when the circuit is pulling right at the allowable amps it won't just blow instantly but will allow it to heat up some before blowing. A  dead short will still blow a slow blow fuse.

The motors on a D/N 501-E are 110V. What happens when the fuse blows IMO is sometimes a power surge (IE bad fluorescent bulbs or dirty power) will energize the motor circuit for several motors. When this happens more than 1 motor has tried to run putting a strain on the 6 amp fuse. Doesn't happen very often maybe a close lighting strike. The 4 amp fuse couldn't handle this at all.

Things to check... Are both bulbs lit up. If not replace bulbs not just one. If the ends are blackened replace both. If only 1 lights after replacing bulb the ballast is bad. Ballast are expensive. 2 bulbs and ballast can run $75, We now have alternatives with LED's. A customer of mine bought a case of F64 T 12 LED's at a trade show.Might have do some research to find them. These bulbs are standalone and the light fixtures are just a holder. You unplug the power to ballast and the LED plugs right into the plug. No wiring and 1 is all you need.

Makes it energy efficient. Less than 25 watts compared to 100W

A well lit vendo tells  your customer it is working

2nd check and make sure you have a grounded plug. This can be done very easy and cheap. Use a voltage sensor cost about $10

8AAF1_AS03.JPG

If you hold this next to the vendor and there is no ground it will light up and buzz. It is a very useful tool and has many uses. If you suspect you have a bad power cord you can run it along the cord. It will light up with power available and when you come across the break the light goes out. Great for snack machines.

You will know within seconds if the power is on or if it is grounded. It will save you from calling me!

Archived