Anyone own any of these?

BouncyBalls

I don't mind paying extra for quality esp. when made in USA. Where did you get info about gumball machine, would like to see one.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if these are actually "made in the USA"?

Or are they "assembled in the USA" using foreign-made parts/components?

Benchmark no longer makes the crane. I got some on a route a few years back. What an incredible piece of junk. I replaced them and literally crushed them and threw them in a roll off.

First time I have seen them, thought was something new.

Thanks for the heads up!

Benchmark no longer makes the crane. I got some on a route a few years back. What an incredible piece of junk. I replaced them and literally crushed them and threw them in a roll off.

Must been a fluke design. Bench Mark normally has good quality.

I don't mind paying extra for quality esp. when made in USA. Where did you get info about gumball machine, would like to see one.

Vending times had a story. It will be ready mid December. 1500.00

The machine was just plain odd. They used stepper motors to power the gantry and  trolley but used plastic trimmer line ( for real) as a way to drive them, so if it ever got out of time (because they used stepper motors) you had to take the plastic lines off and slide the parts around till you got things back in sinc. The claw was what was air powered, they used the air supply hose for the claw "string" which had its own quirks. The air supply used to close the claw was supplied by a little compressor and regulated with a pressure control valve. Great idea until the humidity or barometric pressure changed. So one month you would have no winners and every body mad the next month the crane would empty out in a week and you made no money. They sure looked cool but what a mess.

They did have on good feature, the floor of the crane could be set to rise automatically as people won so you could load it with a ton of plush and theoretically it would last a month, but it just didn't play that way.

In my opinion Benchmark makes a good products.

Everything they do is different than the rest of the industry.

Does that make their ideas better?

Sometimes yes sometimes no but it always takes me more time understand what they are doing and how they make it happen.  

Walta

Benchmark products make money but they are mostly junk. We operate monster drops, tickets to prizes, wheel deals and others. All of the pieces make money but it takes forever to get the bugs out. If you want a solid crane buy elaut, rainbow, impulse, ice or smart ( their US products not imported Crane's). You pay twice as much but it's worth it.

Archived