Purchasing groups

jasonkw

Jason, we are a member of USG. There is a lot of money available for members. Once you join, quarterly checks for rebates are paid. Suppliers do all the reporting for you. There are additional monikers is you log into the USG site when you order as they have monthly promotions on top of the rebates. Ours amount to the 5 figure range per year. We think it is worth it.

Jason, we are a member of USG. There is a lot of money available for members. Once you join, quarterly checks for rebates are paid. Suppliers do all the reporting for you. There are additional monikers is you log into the USG site when you order as they have monthly promotions on top of the rebates. Ours amount to the 5 figure range per year. We think it is worth it.

My understanding is you have to have a large yearly gross to join. Is that correct? 

I don't recall if there was a min $$ amount in sales to join. They are a purchasing power group, not a vend management group.

Please put it into perspective if you can... what kind of prices are you getting?

It turns out that Vistar is now about the same price as Sam's Club since the price increase went into effect.  Now I am starting to buy more from them.  Candy is about 60 cents at either place but I can get some candy at vistar for 58 or 59 cents per unit.  It's not worth the gas to drive out of my way... but I am right by a merchant mart every other week so I will start stocking up once the weather cools off.

• 3 weeks later...

You don't actually get pricing from USG. You still purchase from distributors who in turn report sale numbers to USG for rebate purposes. There are also rebates from USG for items it on special. May be$1.50-2.00 cs for Liton or Dew. They also run snack items on special. You do need to order them online to be delivered through bottles and distributors.

Archived