need some advice from the vets on running a profitable bulk route

hulksmashu00

Ok so ive been doing this for about 2 months maybe a lil more. I have over 20 machines out and i have a couple good spot and a few bad ones the rest average. Im going over my numbers and trying to figure out how to make this a fulltime career and it just doesn't look good on paper. C.o.g. and expenses cut deep into cash flow and my time is not being compensated in my expense figure. I make about 40k a year currently give or take 10k depending on the year so i would have to match that to do this full time.

My question here is how do you big guys do it? How do you get the big spots with the contracts? I mean im willing to invest and i work hard but i lack knowledge and these breakrooms with these tripple machines is never gonna cut it. I really enjoy doing this and im going to continue but i know im missing out on some tricks that are vital to success.

I will be active on this thread i would love to converse with a couple of you big venders and thank you for any advice.

You do not need several hundred locs!!! You need 80 locations grossing $100/mo to replace your current income. More if you want health insurance and a retirement plan. You really need to get into restaurants, grocery stores, bowling alleys and skating rinks Ect. No contracts necessary

It will not happen quick. The veterans you seek advise from are veterans because it took years to build their businesses. So if you are looking for a quick return better do something else.

Other than that; single head gum has made more millionaires than any candy every will.

I like break rooms, good ones do make good money. You have been doing this for TWO whole months?? Yikes, I only service my best break rooms every three months. You service when the machines are EMPTY. And if that's too often you add a cab back (if you were wise enough to buy a panel head Oak)

It will not happen quick. The veterans you seek advise from are veterans because it took years to build their businesses. So if you are looking for a quick return better do something else.

Other than that; single head gum has made more millionaires than any candy every will.

I like break rooms, good ones do make good money. You have been doing this for TWO whole months?? Yikes, I only service my best break rooms every three months. You service when the machines are EMPTY. And if that's too often you add a cab back (if you were wise enough to buy a panel head Oak)

Are Eagle cabs just as good?

You do not need several hundred locs!!! You need 80 locations grossing $100/mo to replace your current income. More if you want health insurance and a retirement plan. You really need to get into restaurants, grocery stores, bowling alleys and skating rinks Ect. No contracts necessary

After taxes, insurance, gas, product, freight, displays, travel and hotels. Plus all the small stuff that pops up. Then you have the license fees for every city you operate in. If you want to grow there are cost. You woukd be very lucky to net 20 on that 96,000 in the example. That's real world.

After taxes, insurance, gas, product, freight, displays, travel and hotels. Plus all the small stuff that pops up. Then you have the license fees for every city you operate in. If you want to grow there are cost. You woukd be very lucky to net 20 on that 96,000 in the example. That's real world.

I net 45%, I have no need to spend night in Hotel during my route, no license fees at all. It's a shame you are only netting 20%.

Maybe you are spending too much on gas and Hotels and need a tighter route. My furthest location is just 75 miles away. 

Insurance doesn't take much of the pie and product cost is 20% or less (displays & Freight incl.).

I know at one time you said "you gotta pay 40% to get the good locs". Maybe that's where your big expense lays. My Commission rate averages 27% over all.

I net 45%, I have no need to spend night in Hotel during my route, no license fees at all. It's a shame you are only netting 20%.

Maybe you are spending too much on gas and Hotels and need a tighter route. My furthest location is just 75 miles away.

You don't buy any license? If you call the cities in which you operate I'm sure they will tell you that a license is needed. If you net 45% after it's all said and done I assume do not pay sales tax or income tax either.

Vending is a long journey and is not a cheap business to start from the ground up these day's. I started out buliding a route part time while I worked a full time high stress job. It took a lot of hard work and long hours until I said later to my job. I've been full time vending now for over 15 years and would do it all over again to have the money and freedom I have today. Vending changed my life for the better. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have. I'll be glad to try and help you out.

Ok so ive been doing this for about 2 months maybe a lil more. I have over 20 machines out and i have a couple good spot and a few bad ones the rest average. Im going over my numbers and trying to figure out how to make this a fulltime career and it just doesn't look good on paper. C.o.g. and expenses cut deep into cash flow and my time is not being compensated in my expense figure. I make about 40k a year currently give or take 10k depending on the year so i would have to match that to do this full time.

My question here is how do you big guys do it? How do you get the big spots with the contracts? I mean im willing to invest and i work hard but i lack knowledge and these breakrooms with these tripple machines is never gonna cut it. I really enjoy doing this and im going to continue but i know im missing out on some tricks that are vital to success.

I will be active on this thread i would love to converse with a couple of you big venders and thank you for any advice.

You're not going to make significant income with breakroom triples selling candy. You need to get into toys and flat, and start placing large commission racks everywhere you can. An 8 way rack in even a modest location should gross at least $120 per month. You would need about 60 rack locations to replace your current income. Obtaining those 60 rack locations is a different story...

Archived