BA30SA Validator compatibility question

vavendor

I have a BA30SA 117 VOLT Bill acceptor that keeps jamming and I want to send it in for repair. I have a lot of spare Coinco validators in my shop, however not any ba30sa models. I have ba30b, ba32sa, etc. Is anything else compatible. Thank you.

The BA30SA is a 110v validator with a snack machine mask and a 9 pin power pigtail.  That validator communicates through the 18 pin connector on the bottom of your validator board but it also has a MDB connector on the validator board as well.  The BA30B 110v and is for single price machines and for MDB (weird, I know) if it's new enough.  The BA32SA is a 24V unit with a snack mask and the same harness connections as the BA30SA.  If your machine is MDB then you can use either the BA30B (if it has the MDB pinout) or the BA32SA. 

If you're machine is using the 9 pin and 18 pin connectors of the BA30SA, then you're stuck with neither of your spares working in that machine with it's current harness.

You didn't say what model of machine you have and it can make a difference. 

I can help you with rebuilt units or new harnesses if you need them.

Almost definitely not MDB compatible unless it has an updated board, and it probably doesn't.

Your easiest solution would be to get an advanced exchange. I have never purchased a MAG but a MAG30SA (assuming they make an SA) should be a direct replacement.

The older USI machines are not MDB compatible and since you have a BA30SA in it now you can't replace it with anything other than a 110V validator due to the current harnessing in the machine.  If you want to use a 24V validator than you will have to change the validator power harness in the machine.

If you need a replacement unit I can send you one as an advance exchange.  Just send me a PM.

Archived