User name login will be disabled Saturday. You must use your email address to login ×

Savamco 1462

laip51

We bought a 1462 that had a vandalized bill acceptor. Before buying and with no manual, we took a chance on a common programming  procedure...red programming mode button displayed 16 then a 5 allowed us to test vend. All motors vended. At home they also vended ok. After installing a new same model acceptor, MAG 52R, it accepts dollars and coins and displays the amount in the amount accepted window. It will not do anything further..., the keypad is dead. The coin return works ok.

We are waiting for the manual that might show some troubleshooting but are taking a shot one of you guys has some insight on the problem. 

Did you actually program prices into the machine and does the machine show the confirmed prices?  If the keypad doesn't work then how were you able to do the test vends?  I uploaded a programming manual for the Savamco machines to the Download section here on the forum.  See this link: http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/files/download/95-savamco-programming/

Randy: Pushing red programming button brings up 16. Then the keypad goes dead. We were able to test the motors when we checked at site but doesn't work after replacing damaged acceptor. Thank you for steering me to the manual. I already ordered one that is coming in the mail but can check it out now.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks walta but I don't have a problem with one coil. The screen reads "fail" when I turn it on. I can go into the service menu and test all the motors (which are all working) then when I go out of the service menu fail appears again ?

• 10 months later...

I have this same machine, programming procedure for me was unlike anything posted in any manual or forum I have found to date. I assumed that it was just broken and I was unable to set them for ages. Part of the programming is a variable. If I remember correctly, and will update this with a proper answer when I get home to test this, you push the bottom of the three buttons inside the machine. The touch pad will blank out and then you press the #4, followed by the slot whose price you wish to change. At this point press the NUMBER portion of the slot number you are trying to update. So if you are changing A4, it will be press 4, then type A4, then press and hold 4. Price will start to increase 5 cents at a time until released, release and press 4 again and the price will start going the other direction 5 cents at a time. If the slot is A5 it would be 4, A5, then 5 and hold. Release and hold 5 again and the price will reverse direction. It's not a staticly assigned key.

The key is that the price modifying "arrow" is the number of the slot you are changing. I'll try and make a video or something, I found it out on accident. Hope this helps someone.

• 2 months later...

I just bought a 1462 from my sister and the machine functions fine except for the bottom shelf when you select something form that shelf it says to make an alternative selection but doesn't give an error or anything. Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

I had this same issue with mine, except it was row C. If you pull the rack out, mine has notches in the rails at a certain point and it lifts up and out, and look at the motors: for me, it was the furthest to the right, one of the wires was broken loose from its solder point on the back of the motor. a little solder and all was well. Seems one motor with a bunged connection busts the whole row on these.

• 2 years later...