I am new to the vending business.  I purchased a company with about 30 customers, some have a snack machine, some soda, and some both.  Most of all my soda machines are dixie-Narco, except the ones that are in Deli Combos.

Here is my first challenge.  I have more machines than customers.  My extra machines have been stored under tarps, outside for about a year now.  I am basically picking them up one or two at a time. Then dropping them in my warehouse.

My concern is the soda machines. These things are disgustingly dirty.  Prior to their arrival at storage, I run them through a coin op car wash.  Not wanting to harm them, I wash them but not enough.  Does anyone have some advice on how wet I can get them? Or what needs to be covered up so I can really hammer them?  It would sure make life alot easier if I could store them clean.  Some, make that all of them,  need work and it is nice to work on something that is clean. Plus, I would lie to have them ready deploy-able when the time comes.

Two  tips I have found while cleaning the fleet. I use 1, 2 3 Novus ( TapPlastics) system when detailing the plastic fronts of the machines. It really makes them look nice, and it is pretty dummy proof so you cant mess it up.  Also, I have found that using a spray wax is great for a super quick clean while on the customers site. LUCAS makes a really great one in a blue bottle for less than $10 bucks that shines real well, and it has a pleasant scent also.

You can wash any outdoor rated machine without problem as long as you remove the coin mech and validator, any logic board and credit display and then not use too high a pressure to wash them. Afterward put a couple of fans on the machine for a couple of days to dry it out and then store it inside. If you are storing machines for months or years you will need to rebuild the bill validators and probably recharge the compressors when prepping for a new account.

I myself do not use any waxes or special chemicals on the plexi signs. I paint the cabinets and install new sifgns when needed. If you get them clean and location-ready and you aren't storing them in a hot environment you can shrink wrap them.

If you need any parts during your refurbishing work I can supply whatever you need. Just send me a PM.

As AZ says. I remove the motor cover so I can wash the motors and brakes. Anything like electronics coin meh validators, and control boards I don't directly spray them. After a day or two sitting with the doors open you can safely plug them back in. If you have an air hose handy blow all the switches out with air. Including coin mechs and validator.   . 

After I wash all the above with a hose and brush where possible, I like to use my big ole leaf blower to get the majority of the water out. Then I lean it back on the dolly for a while with the door propped a little. Here in South Texas, it only takes a little while for it to be really dry during the summer. Then I leave it in the garage with fans for a day or so like suggested above.

Thank you guys for the advice.  I forgot that i have a black and decker 18v cordless leaf blower that i use also when on customer sites that need some instant gratification.  Its not  very strong but it gets the dust bunnies moving and doesn't need a cord..

I try to stay away from chemicals also but some of my machines are only alive due to chemicals. lol

Archived