Upgrading Coin Mech

2dudes

I believe it's a 6512

What about the CF 7000? They look pretty kick butt.

I've heard nothing but good things about the 7512, I even have one sitting here ready to go on location but I haven't used it yet so I can't comment on it's reliability.  I do know that you can get a refurbished TRC 6510 for a lot less moola than a 7512.

Had a lot of problems with the 6512 on D/N 501-E's. They would discontinue taking change and when you go on a service call you had to power down and back up to get them to work again. Mars said it was a software problem of it trying to communicating with the control board on the Dixie. It would just shut down because it was getting mixed signals. 

On the S11 D board there is a setting you can enable that will prevent the board from looking at tube levels. When it is enabled there isn't any problems unless the changer runs out of change. Then it will short change the customer. Wasn't a bad idea when its a dollar vend but not so good if the nickles or dimes run out.

Had a lot of problems with the 6512 on D/N 501-E's. They would discontinue taking change and when you go on a service call you had to power down and back up to get them to work again. Mars said it was a software problem of it trying to communicating with the control board on the Dixie. It would just shut down because it was getting mixed signals. 

On the S11 D board there is a setting you can enable that will prevent the board from looking at tube levels. When it is enabled there isn't any problems unless the changer runs out of change. Then it will short change the customer. Wasn't a bad idea when its a dollar vend but not so good if the nickles or dimes run out.

Would a TRC 6510 do the same on a DN 276E?

I have a TRC 6510 I would like to put in a 276E, don't need the problems you mention.

Same family.

cajun

I have heard about odd compatibility issues before but I don't think it happens 100% of the time. As easy as it is to change out a coin mech, I wouldn't be too scared to put one of those in a 276E

Would a TRC 6510 do the same on a DN 276E?

I have a TRC 6510 I would like to put in a 276E, don't need the problems you mention.

Same family.

cajun

I've got a 6510 in a 501e with no problems at all

Archived