Has anyone painted old claw machine?

redmms250713

I have the opportunity to get an older claw machine for cheap, but it's just plain black. Has anyone here painted an older one one of there's or added cool wraps? Any ideas in what to so with it? I like the looks of the newer ones (toy taxi, toy soldier, ect) but def want something more eye catchy than just plain.

I wrap  them all the time, i print my own vinyl wraps as I'm also partners in a sign shop (because i spending so much money on wraps for my coin pushers i bought  my own printer)

I have a bunch of designs already, if its 31" crane its $200 for complete wrap. This is laminated vinyl like you would wrap a car with. And since its laminated its thicker so a amateur can easily apply it without getting wrinkles etc. also since its laminated you can clean it with anything as the cleaning solution will never touch the ink.

I have wrapped them to match locations (ie. mexican theme, chinese dragon, dairy queen)and i have just copied and reprinted portions of ones already as they where damaged etc.

you can paint it but its gonna look like crap i would think as most cranes are either melamine finished (like formica) like plain black rainbows etc. or they are wrapped in vinyl graphics already.

the dairy queen design doesn't say dairy queen on it, it just has sundaes and ice cream type pics etc. to match dairy queens style of decoration. I only have a couple dairy queens and they do get points deducted for having machines they say but they say the cash is worth the few points they get

I never thought about doing a wrap.  I will have to remember that next time it comes up.  Anyone tried that on bulk machines like NW or Beavers?  It might be a PITA trimming the vinyl away from areas the machines come together so they fit and make it more susceptible to kids peeling it off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I wrap  them all the time, i print my own vinyl wraps as I'm also partners in a sign shop (because i spending so much money on wraps for my coin pushers i bought  my own printer)

I have a bunch of designs already, if its 31" crane its $200 for complete wrap. This is laminated vinyl like you would wrap a car with. And since its laminated its thicker so a amateur can easily apply it without getting wrinkles etc. also since its laminated you can clean it with anything as the cleaning solution will never touch the ink.

I have wrapped them to match locations (ie. mexican theme, chinese dragon, dairy queen)and i have just copied and reprinted portions of ones already as they where damaged etc.

you can paint it but its gonna look like crap i would think as most cranes are either melamine finished (like formica) like plain black rainbows etc. or they are wrapped in vinyl graphics already.

possible to post some pics? this is the one im getting its older and i want to redo it since its going in a nice place and need ideas!

xlgtjo.jpg

possible to post some pics? this is the one im getting its older and i want to redo it since its going in a nice place and need ideas!

xlgtjo.jpg

I have a few older smart cranes similar to this one and would also be interested in seeing a few examples.

Archived