My Missing Machines Are For Sale On Craigslist

dkochan

For sure a misuse of fire arms.

O.J. tried to do this in Vegas to "recover" some personal memorabilia.  How did that work out??!!

We all have had equipment stolen and that is very upsetting for sure.  But breaking the law to recover that equipment can get one into bigger hot water.  I had a location close down and the landlord refused to allow me access to my equipment.  Went to the police department and they told me that only a judge could grant access to the property to recover the equipment.  The officer advised me to NOT attempt to enter the property uninvited as I could be charged.  So I had to use the legal system.  Obtained a lawyer to write a letter to the landlord threatening legal action.  The tactic worked and I got my stuff back after 9 months.  It sucked to wait that long, but we don't live in the wild west any more.

Well, you guys are just no fun at all.  I say lynch the prick and save the ammo  ;D  ;D  ;D

Sorry guys I live betwee flint and Saginaw and I'm less than an hour to Detroit, cops are about useless here, and unless you can 100 percent prove that they are your machines the cops won't help you get them back and even if you have proof you might have to go through the courts for who knows how long to get them back by which time they would be long gone. People steal because there is nothing to stop them, it's getting rediculous.

Sorry guys I live betwee flint and Saginaw and I'm less than an hour to Detroit, cops are about useless here, and unless you can 100 percent prove that they are your machines the cops won't help you get them back and even if you have proof you might have to go through the courts for who knows how long to get them back by which time they would be long gone. People steal because there is nothing to stop them, it's getting rediculous.

OK...So what would you do with your firearm if you were in the original poster's position?

I'm doubtful your actions would make use of the gun for it's intended purpose.

But, you claimed that "this is what guns are for" on a previous post.

So, please, do tell.

I am always open to learning more about the proper use of a firearm.

I never said it was proper use, i don't ever want to have to use a firearm like that and I hope I never need to. I would take it as backup, if they are willing to steal then who knows what they will do when you show up to take your stuff back, I would go over there with some friends and tell them I'm taking my stuff back, end of of story, they aren't going to call the police when they stole the stuff In The first place and that's probably not the first or last time they will do it. Things could get ugly but people need to start standing up for themselves, we don't have much choice, seems we are on our own these days.

I never said it was proper use,

No...but you said  that's "what guns are for".

Since this thread was about recovery of stolen equipment and your comment was about use of firearms, I thought it was best to have you clarify.

Since now you state the firearm usage was in the event the recovery got out of hand, then that's different.

In your scenario, it would no longer be about equipment recovery but about self-defense.

And frankly, then your original post was really not about the poster trying to recover his equipment since any of us could be put in a self-defense situation anytime we are in public.

We may live in different worlds but, there's no taking talk lightly when it comes to firearm use.

Not that you're one of them, but I've seen and heard too many irresponsible gun owners talking stuff that hurts the the reputation of all gun owners.

As long as you have proof the machines are yours a landlord cannot hold your machines for any reason except if you owe him or her

money.

The best way to prevent this is to use an inside decal that says property of then your business name along with the phone number. I have

never had a problem recovering machines from anywhere by doing this. Most of the machines I see don't have any information on them.

It is best to invest in inside decals whether than loss machines.  You will also have to show a business card when recovering machines from

locations.

Archived