Sodas freezing

nrod7

I just put in a new cooling unit because the unit kept freezing up ( no air leaks, good gasket).   I have Three questions,

What do I check  NEXT, if the  some of the sodas are still exploding and the unit is still freezing up?( thermostat set to minimum setting)  I was thinking about changing the thermostat.

The second question, Is the fan suppose to be on all the time or only when the compressor "kicks" on?

How do you check for a bad/good thermostat?

This machine is a DNCB 368/216-8.

Help!!!

Respectfully,  nrod7 a.k.a. The Capricorn Co.

the evaporator fan (mounted up high in the cooling deck) should always be running, but the condenser fan (in the bottom rear) should only come on when the compressor comes on. You can tell if the thermostat is stuck by turning it and listening/feeling for the compressor to kick off or kick on. Id definitely say that the cooling deck is working overtime if your cans are freezing and bursting in Texas.

Freezing product in a machine that didn't freeze before means that you have a bad thermostat. The compressor is never the culprit as it only does what the thermostat tells it to do.

If you need a thermostat you can PM me with the model number and I can send you one.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem with a Vendo 540.  About 2-3 times a year the sodas would freeze up.  Per vendo recommendation changed out the temp sensor.  Worked fine for several months then froze again.  Now it is freezing more often twice, in the last 2 months.  The thermostat setting is at its highest +3.  Do you think the main board is faulty or is there a relay that could be faulty.  

This freezing issue occurs randomly and did not change after changing out the temp sensor.

Thanks for your help

Archived