Replacement Battery For DNCB 501R/SII

I need to replace the battery on my DNCB 501R. I have gained access to the battery on the control board but I cannot read what size or voltage it is. That information is on the side of the battery closest to the board. I could un-solder it and check, but I wanted to remove it and replace it with a new one in one shot. What is the voltage and model of the battery? Can a different battery be retrofitted? For example I have some small flashlights that have a holder for 3 AAA batteries and I would like to just attach something like that rather than an expensive specialty battery if possible. Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

Kenneth

The SII logic boards uses a CR2032 battery which you can find at any Radio Shack store.  The battery isn't soldered in but rather it's clipped into a plastic holder and a dab of silicone was put on at the factory to hold it.  You don't need the silicone but you can snap the battery out of it's holder to replace it.  Just pay attention to which side faces out before removing the old battery.

I must be mistaken about it being an SII board because the battery is most definitely soldered into place. I was pretty sure I read somewhere on the machine that it was SII. The whole model number even has SII in it. The model number is DBC501R/SII-8. It is a multiprice machine that programs similar to my newer 501Es.

The battery is looks like a mini version of a C-Cell (about same proportions just smaller size about 1" total length). It says "Omnicel Lithium". I cannot read the voltage or model marks though.

I was trying to post a picture, but it looks like it is not as easy as simply attaching it since the picture button requires a URL. I am off to work now but if I can figure out how to get a picture posted I will.

Kenneth

Okay, then based on that description you must have an SII not an SIID like you would have in your later E models.  The SII is a larger box board with two buttons on the front for programming.  The SIID only has one button on the lower edge of the board.  You can't even see the board in the SII box.  The battery you describe, especially the C size is probably a P/N ER26500 battery.  All of the Omnicel batteries emulate the standard battery diameters but are shorter than those actual battery sizes.  All of the Omnicel batteries are 3.6 volts with the capacity in amp/hours and the discharge current in milliamps being the differences between them.  As this is still a common production battery you might be able to get one from a Batteries Plus store or you could order it from Digikey.  Try to get the actual model off the battery first so you don't get the wrong one.  Only one C size is listed but you need to verify the model number so you may need to remove it from the board.

If the machine has had any other recent programming issues and because there's a possibility that the charging circuit on the board is the problem, you might want to consider just replacing the board to ensure you get all possible problems fixed at the same time.

If you need an exchange board you can PM me.

I need to replace the battery on my DNCB 501R. I have gained access to the battery on the control board but I cannot read what size or voltage it is. That information is on the side of the battery closest to the board. I could un-solder it and check, but I wanted to remove it and replace it with a new one in one shot. What is the voltage and model of the battery? Can a different battery be retrofitted? For example I have some small flashlights that have a holder for 3 AAA batteries and I would like to just attach something like that rather than an expensive specialty battery if possible. Any help and suggestions are appreciated.

Kenneth

Don't do hack work like that, the next buyer will have to cleanit up and get rid of it eventually unless they just junk it

I desoldered the battery so I could see the missing part of the label. The battery is an OmniCel ER14250 3.6V 1/2AA Lithium Standard Battery Button Top in case anyone is needing that information in the future. I found them on Amazon, but my local batteries plus has them in stock and I try to support local when I can. Thanks for the input.

Kenneth

Archived