National 431 food machine error message

Conallvending

When you open the door to gain access to fill the machine there is a solenoid and plunger assembly at the bottom left of the cabinet. I believe the home switch is there but not certain. I'm not as experienced in the service aspect of some of the guys on here so I could be wrong.

First check lights.Fluorescents interfere with the electronics when the lights go bad. Bottom left side just below the refrigerated compartment is where the turret motor is. There you will find the motor and sensor. No switch just a round plastic about 2 inches disk with black lines. There is a sensor that it rotates through. The sensor counts the lines so it knows how many revolutions the motor has made. At the bottom of turret there is a magnet that indicates where home is. If the sensor can't read the lines it doesn't know where home is. This disk gets dirty and it can't read it. So you will have to clean it off. and also take a can of air to blow out the sensor. Don't use any harsh chemicals on disk. Just some warm soapy water. But first remove lights. Power down for a few seconds and then restart.   

Both of your errors are an indication that the controller doesn't see the Proximity Sensor.  This is a magnetic reed switch that is mounted behind the drive gear to the left front of the turret.  The sensor is a magnetic switch that is triggered when a magnet attached to the bottom of the turret passes over it.  This tells the controller when the turret is at home, or it's main rotational starting point.  I'm attaching a troubleshooting guide for this machine.  Page 30 and 31 discuss the Can't Home error and page 34 discusses the Motor Jam error.  The disk described by RMorris will give you a NO WHEEL error if it isn't seen or is damaged or dirty.  In addition, page 55 og the attached guide shows the proximity sensor and page 56 shows the wheel so you can see what the parts look like.  Follow the testing procedures in the guide to diagnose the issue with your proximity sensor.  It could be that the magnet fell out or the sensor is unplugged or has failed.  You will need to be proficient with a volt meter to test it.

http://www.dsvendinginc.com/pdf-manuals/431troubleshootingguide.pdf

Let me know if you need any parts for this.  You can PM me for further help.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived