Coinco Bill Validator

SodaJerk

Howdy everyone!

I have a Coinco BP2BX bill Validator set for $1 and $5 bills but have only had 2 successful vends with $5 bills while $1 bills vend fine. Every other time a $5 bill is used it gets rejected, crumpled up and stuck between the bill tray and bezel, or both. I've checked the manual and made sure the reader was set to $1 and $5 bills, and cleaned the lenses with alcohol and swabs, all with no luck.

Is there anything else I can try so they start reading?

Thank you!!

When I get Coinco's that crumple any bill I replace the belts. Ebay has belt kits for these for about $20 and you can find the instructions on how to replace them on the coinco website.

I've also had that issue happen when the body of the bill val gets cracked from someone hitting the face of it. You can easily tell if the body is broke by grabbing the bill box and gently pulling it towards you. If it feels like its loose but you can see that the mounting screws are secure then its broke and will need to be replaced.

The crumpling of bills will NOT be related to the bill denomination.  All the validator is moving is a piece of paper so if it handles a $1 just fine then it can handle a $5 just fine.  Your problem may be that the 1's are all being accepted without any rejections, meaning that none of them have been rejected by the validator and reversed to be expelled.  Your 5's on the other hand, might be always rejected for some reason and then if there's a physical restriction that catches the bill as it's b acked out of the validator that might be why they are the only ones being crumpled.  In other words, if a $1 was rejected it might also end up crumpled.  You might try removing the validator and then the bezel to see if there's a problem there.  You also need to determine why all 5's are being rejected.  It could be that the machine doesn't know it has sufficient change for $5 acceptance.  If your coin mech tubes are full you may need to use the Tube Fill programming to tell the machine how many coins are in it.  This is common with MDB machines, which yours must be since you're using a BP2BX validator.

If you can't find the cause of the jamming then you'll need to repair the validator.  I can do this for you and send you an exchange unit before you send your core back to me.  Just send me a PM for information.

I had a $5 bill acceptance problem on one of my USI machines.  I am quite certain that the problem was something with the programming on the machine OR something to do with the coin mech (which is probably still board-related).

Also, it's possible that your chassis is chipped.  The chassis is the part that the bills ride up against when they enter the validator (the bills slide along the chassis on one side and any existing bills in the bill box on the other side).  If there is a small chip in the chassis, it will cause parts of bills to get hung up.  Replacing the chassis should fix this but I don't know how difficult that is.

Went back to the machine and reset the coin mech, a conlux CCM5-US4. After the reset a 2006 $5 bill worked 50% of the time while a 2009 and 2013 bill did not work at all.

I am guessing at this point it is a programming issue with the bill validation since the old bill sort of works and new bills do not?

Your validator might not be tuned for the new $5. You can confirm this by hooking the validator up to a different machine and seeing if it rejects the new $5's as well. Just hook it up, don't unmount the old one and mount this one. I usually just hold the validator in my hand and plug it in to test it.

The new 5's came out in 2008 so that's why your 2006 5's work. When the new bills came out in 2008 there was new software to install in all validators that could handle the new bills. This has to be done by a Coinco service center.

If you'd like to send it to me I can repair the crumpling bill issue and install the new currency software, or as I mentioned before I could also send you an exchange unit so that you won't be without a validator in the machine.

Archived