mattjstmarys

Hi just thought i would introduce myself my name is Matt and i work in a High School in the UK we have recently had 2 venders installed both of them are by Crane and are the Calypso Snack Vender and the Bev Max 4.

I am looking for advice on stock control/inventory/cash audit if anyone has any advice.

Welcome to the forum, Matt.  You can post your question now in the Beverage and Food sub-forum where you will find many vending operators that should be able to help you.  Your machines will already have cash and unit sale meters programmed into the controller boards.  Read through your manuals to see how to access that information as that may be all that you need.

Hi just thought i would introduce myself my name is Matt and i work in a High School in the UK we have recently had 2 venders installed both of them are by Crane and are the Calypso Snack Vender and the Bev Max 4.

I am looking for advice on stock control/inventory/cash audit if anyone has any advice.

Welcome to the forum Matt. Assuming that you'll be operating these machines "in house", your biggest obstacle will be maintaining the snack machine without suffering excessive waste.  Normally we say that one would need to run at least 5 snack machines in order to distribute bulk quantities efficiently without a lot of stales.  Here in the States, we have Sam's Club which sells assortment packs of chips that work well for small vendors who can't justify buying full cases of any one product.  Hopefully your high school will have a fairly high volume in sales which will alleviate much of this problem.  To track snack sales, most of us use a Plan-o-gram which is a chart showing each item in the machine with a par level for that item.  If you find an item is selling out too often, raise the par level.  Conversely, if something doesn't move at all, try another item.  It should take you about three months to find your perfect mix.  Sodas have a much longer shelf life so a "load it and forget it" approach works for most of us

Archived