2015 Auctions

havending

I know some of you are interested in the auctions.  The 2015 list came out couple days ago.  auctiongamesales.com 

Sevierville are the ones that we are most interested in going to and will hit all of them.  We have our best luck there for selection and prices.  

Sevierville is 5 times this year I think last year was only 4 times.  Book your room early as the auction discounted rooms go fast.  

just wondering havending , why oh why do you keep spouting off about these auctions? its a tight kept secret with the experienced vendors and i wouldn't want anybody in my area to know about it, or my locations either and this forum is pretty popular on google.. I for one sell there and its ok with me as more buyers the better as far as I'm concerned as more bids from more people.

But for you as a operator its really foolish to advertise that sale as its really the only "good" one in the entire US. 

I dont think there will be a mad dash of everyone running to the auction.

You can look at it both ways could bring a few more buyes or few more sellers and have items at the sale. But honestly I don't see price hikes becsuse it's on here. You can google game auction and it comes up. It's all over u tube.

But the reason I put it here is for our members. It it can help some one here grow or get that unit they need for a spot then it's a good thing. Us pro guys have lots of secrets but I don't think letting members hear this one will hurt us. Here on the site operators may not always agree but we almost always help each other out. Shoot I have sent out parts,keys and manuals free of charge not even asking for postage.

Which date would be the best Seveirville auction in 2015? Does it matter what time of year it is as to if more machines will show up to be sold? What kind of deals are to be found here? Im mainly into bulk and cranes..

You never know what type of stuff will be there.  But there is normally a good selection just never know on what brands or numbers of cranes stackers etc.  Prices are like any auction meaning you never really know. But sellers can bid their own stuff up so watch out for that.  Bulk racks to me sell kinda high IMO.  But bulk like Tomy Gacha, Spirals, Bounce a Roo, ect normally are fairly cheap.  Saw a Sammy EBV with loads of product and 10 or so selections go for 300.00  and i have seen a 7 way NW rack go for 800.00.    and everywhere in-between.  

If going you MUST have a working knowledge of games because you can end up with someone else problems.  There is plenty of time to test and play what you want to bid on. We take a roll up extension cord yo test with along with a few ones and quarters.  

• 2 weeks later...

if you want to keep the in and outs of the vending business a secret you might as well delete this whole site. I do understand where you're coming from.

if you want to keep the in and outs of the vending business a secret you might as well delete this whole site. I do understand where you're coming from.

• 2 weeks later...

Every amusement auction I ever went to was dominated by home buyers wanting something for the rec room. I have seen some really good deals though a lot of pretty junky pins, pachinkos, pack mans etc. bring huge money. The auctions are probably the best place for an operator to sell his problems because most of the buyers don't know a coin mech from a corn cob.

Every amusement auction I ever went to was dominated by home buyers wanting something for the rec room. I have seen some really good deals though a lot of pretty junky pins, pachinkos, pack mans etc. bring huge money. The auctions are probably the best place for an operator to sell his problems because most of the buyers don't know a coin mech from a corn cob.

I'm not looking for pins but they do go very high I guess more of the collector market. Prices on other stuff can be all over the place. We took a toy taxi up there that one of my guys messed up. He didn't tie the claw trolly down on a 200 mile trip. The bouncing caused the assembly to fall ripping the wires out and busting the plastic guards in the machine. We took out the DBA and power supply. Crane brought 600. IMO bulk racks go high. But like I said before you need to know about machines if you do go.

People could use the argument that more people knowing increases competition, but that same argument could be used on like 99% of the threads on this forum.

The simple fact is, the old way of doing things (meaning previous generations keeping secrets/tips) is dead.  When I bought my first rental, I didn't know how to sweat copper pipe.  I hired a plumber, wanted to watch him, but he wouldn't let me because if I learned I wouldn't hire him again.

So I went on youtube, taught myself, and never hired him again anyways.  Youtube has taught me everything.  From plumbing to putting on a roof by myself, to changing elements on hot water heaters, to learning how to do carpet.

I appreciate havending sharing things like auctions and tips/tricks/pointers.  It's helped me tremendously.  I'll be forever grateful.  (You too Ron have helped me a TON so far, I really appreciate it too)

Archived