Hotel - Combo

vendamania

So I have an opportunity to get a hotel that currently has a AP combo.

Seems like it does pretty good the current vendor services like every 2 days according to the manager. He is tired of him to many hung up snacks and wrong selections on top of the drinks not being cold.

Going off that seems like it may do $200 or so a week… Would this be accurate?

Suppose to get back to me about commission … I know it's probably about 25%-35% which I know is high but so are the prices to make it up.

I know most on here don't like combos because of capacity which I agree.

I may be able to put a soda on one floor and snack on another…Would this make sense being on different floors ? It's only a 2 or 3 story smaller hotel so I guess they would find both machines.

I am assuming you guys think this would be a better choice then placing a combo?

If I have to go with a combo would the Ams Visi be a better choice then the current AP?

There is one used I can get for $2200….Is that a good price?

I would try to do full size machines if possible so that you don't have to service it more than once every two weeks at the most.  If they can't fit two machines side by side then measure the space.  You might find that a DN276 and a 4 wide snack would fit.  I wouldn't pay a commission rate as high as that but maybe 15-20% if the prices are more than the street rate in normal accounts.  If you must do a combo machine then a 5 wide from AP or National will be your best bet so that you have more capacity, especially of cans.  The AMS combos don't hold many drinks but they do have a guaranteed vend, which you could add to the AP snacks with an aftermarket kit.  You could also look for a late model AP combo such as a Studio machine with the Goldeneye capability. 

I can't imagine that his machine actually needs to be serviced two times per week unless there are driving school classes or something similar going on.  He's probably not bothering to fill the machine so it empties faster, not to mention that he has no idea how to fill it so the selections are correct and he's not willing to repair the cooling system.

So what do you think about a soda on one floor and a snack on another? Machine was fully stocked when I saw it.

I hear you about commission,the hotel right down the street says he gets 35%. Cans are at $1 and chips and cookies would be at $1 in this location.

Things are a little different here in the northeast way more competitive then other parts of the country. 

You would get better security with the snack on the first floor and soda on the second as the first floor usually gets more traffic, but it depends on where the machines are located and how visible they are.

Archived