USI 3158

Veteran78

Hey guys, need some guidance on a purchase I'm looking to make. A guy is selling a USI 3158 that appears to be in excellent condition. I have driven up to see it yet. But states its refrigerated and card reader capable. He's asking $1,300 for it, but got him down to $1,100.

Thanks in advance!

That model isn't worth that much.  While it has a later model logic board (SM6) and is MDB and therefore credit card capable, it's built into a very old style model 3015 cabinet.  This is a bit of a hybrid machine, of which USI made many, and the manual isn't even listed for it on the USI site.  Production for this model shows it began in 2000, but the cabinet style dates back to 1990.  The machine would have to be in pristine condition for it to be worth anything near $1100.  Considering it's age and cabinet style I don't think it's worth any more than $800 unless you simply can't find better machines anywhere near you.

That model isn't worth that much.  While it has a later model logic board (SM6) and is MDB and therefore credit card capable, it's built into a very old style model 3015 cabinet.  This is a bit of a hybrid machine, of which USI made many, and the manual isn't even listed for it on the USI site.  Production for this model shows it began in 2000, but the cabinet style dates back to 1990.  The machine would have to be in pristine condition for it to be worth anything near $1100.  Considering it's age and cabinet style I don't think it's worth any more than $800 unless you simply can't find better machines anywhere near you.

Thanks! Unfortunately, there's not much at all for selections on equipment in this area unless I want to drive 3-4 hours at a minimum or have it shipped. I'm hoping to get him down to $800, but I seriously doubt it.

Archived