Robotic arm Glassfront Soda Machine investment

SebaVending

I recently acquired a couple of locations that deal with a lot more traffic than I am accustomed to.  I use DN 501E soda machines in most of my location with  the exception of a couple of DN 5591 glassfronts,  Due to the higher traffic and higher profit potential of these locations, I began looking into the newer glassfronts with robotic arms.  I picked up a Royal Vision RVV 500- 40 in pristine condition for 1500 a couple of days ago and am looking into buying a Bevmax 4 for 1100 thats in mint condition.  This is a lot more than I'm used to paying for my machines but I am under the impression that this is a necessary investment if I want to keep up with any competition that might come along.  I was wondering if you guys think this is a necessary approach to higher traffic locations, or should i stick with what I know and keep rolling out the older reliable dixie narco's.  This is a big investment for me and i want to be sure that I am moving in the right direction.  I can get 3 machines for the price im paying for one of the machines.  Any advice is appreciated as I am looking to expand my business and knowledge is my greatest asset.  

The Bev 4 price is a steal and the Royal price is about right if it has all updates and works properly.  The older RVV500s had problems so you hopefully got one that is newer or has been upgraded.  The Bev 4 should go for $2500 or more as it's in high demand now that DN has worked the bugs out.  You want to stay away from the Bev 2 and Bev 3 machines and the Vendo Vues. 

Don't get too paranoid about losing accounts because you have stack vendors in them.  As long as you do a terrific job servicing your locations and your equipment looks and works good then you are okay.  There's nothing to stop anyone from soliciting your locations so your best defense is to not give them any reason to consider another vendor.  Keep in mind that to make money you have to spend money so if you're going after good locations you have to have your best equipment in them.  Just make sure every piece you place is refurbished and looks as good as new and works as good as new.  Consider credit card readers for the good locations because that is a good selling tool for your competition.

You should get the serial number off the machine and call Royal tech support to ask them if any updates were created for your machine.  They should then be able to tell you what they were and the part numbers or identifying marks to tell if the parts are on your machine.  Most of the updates were harness related with a few other parts involved, depending on when the machines were built.

Archived