Blue Moose Locator

clvending

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've used Bev for several locations in SoCal.. she's pretty good. No time for BS with her... she'll get you locations but you better be ready to handle her volume... or she'll move on.

So I guess the customer in not always right with her? ;)

Welcome to the forum, Please introduce yourself in the welcome section when you get a chance.

Steve

Did you use Bev at bluemooslocators for full size snack and/or soda machines? Would you be able to tell me what kind of return you are getting on those machines? I have been looking for a good locator and would like to use her but I want to know how good the locations are.

I like the fact that she does guarantee how many employees will be in the location if you are willing to pay $400 or $500.

Thanks again!

Jeremy

Revitalizing Goods

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi.

I've been in contact with blue moose several times in the past 3 months. They are probably one of your more expensive options as far as locators go, however also probably one of the better ones. You do get to see and inspect locations before accepting and they have several different locating methods.....not just telemarketing. They seem like a real stand up outfit. The problem is they are always very busy. They won't take on new clients if they feel they can't service them quickly. They also won't take on new customers in markets they think are too saturated. They will do bulk candy, condoms, full size.....most anything. If they aren't too busy, and you don't live in south Florida or Detroit......I'd say give them a call.

I'm sorry I was just using it as an example....honestly I don't know if its too saturated it just sounded good! I live in wv so I don't know for sure! Didn't mean to mislead. Good luck.

That was a completely random offhand thing to mention. I thought maybe you or they operate in those areas and don't want competition.

Hi Mike, its Bev.  Thanks for the comments but if anyone on here wants to contact us its 513-923-1414.  See our site at www.bluemooselocators.com for details.  We no longer accept deposits.  All I can do is add you to our email list.  If we get a location in your area we will notify you.  And we are very very busy.  We rarely accept new customers because our current group keeps us pretty busy.  I am just not that familiar with any other locating companies to pass on the details.  We do not locate anything but large machines anymore.  No bulk, no racks, nothing like that and we prefer to work with only established vendors.

I just want to mention that I am suppose to be retired hence not really wanting to build an empire. 

Hello Bev,

This is Andre in houston I had contacted you last week and just had a couple questions.  Do you have to accept a payment before being emailed?  Or do you do it the opposite and if the location is accepted then we pay you the fee? Thanks

I just can't let this comment pass on our customer service.  We handle large machines which requires a certain type of vendor.  The accounts we work on are normally colleges, manufacturers, transportation and wholesalers.  Most often our fee on one of our accounts start at $800 for a drink/snack set up to thousands depending on the number of employees or pieces of equipment.  We have a resort that we are working on now that will require 40 total machines.  I feel certain we will close the account because we are working with the right vendor.  I am sure Mike Agee was referring to our volumn not in number of accounts offered but in size of accounts.  Over the past 9 months Mike has closed 16 accounts with us and he is working on some major closings right now. Setting up large accounts is expensive and time consuming.  We work very hard for our vendors.  I owned my own vending company for 24 years with over 20 box truck on the road every day.  I sold it and retired.  So I know the ropes and when Mike says we don't BS, I think I agree with him on that point. Now we look for qualify accounts for other vending companies.  We do very well and we do have a sizeable waiting list.

But we always need a good list of middle size to small vendors.  We come across a lot of account during our marketing that works for smaller companies.  We add those interested to our email blast.  We send out a brief description of the company, where it is located and the date they want to talk to a vendor.  Anyone interested in seeing them can just email us, we call to talk about the details such as what the company is looking for, the cost if you accept the installation and then we make an appointment for you to meet with the business.  If it works for both the vendor and the business, we bill you.  WE ONLY TAKE PAYPAL FOR BILLING.  Not because we think paypal is that great it just keeps our bookkeeping costs down, gives every one a record of the transactions and you can set up your paypal using whatever works best such as credit card funding or business checking accounts.

Often we are asked if we guarantee our locations.  NO.  You need to take responsiblity when you visit the business to do your own due deligence.  Talk to them and determine if this looks like a good investment for you.  Don't expect anyone else to do that part for you.  If you should lose the accounts within the first 90 days due to any reason other then your own of course we will help you out.  We will try to find something else for you or give you a refund. 

Also as a personal plug here.  I encourage anyone just starting in vending to check out our book on Amazon.  I worked with several other professionals in the industry to put together a pretty good "How to Start a vending business".  Entrepreneur Magazine publiched it so just good the title on Amazon books and it will show up.  I have had a lot of people call me saying that book has really helped them in setting up the business.

One last comment and then I will shut up.

Locators should only be a part of your vending company.  If it is the only way that you find accounts, you might want to consider doing something else.  Often vendors call me and they are a start up.  They say I only want accounts that have 150 employees and also I only have can machines.  I can almost hear the chuckle from all of the experienced vendors out there...all I can say to them is, you have to be kidding me.

Hi, I just sent you an email.  I normally don't do single machines in a city that we don't currently market.  If we do decide to give it a try we might ask for an upfront deposit.  If we don't get you the spot farily quickly, we return the funds.  Normally it doesn't take a lot of time locating a single drink vendor unless you are planning on over pricing your product.  Then we have to back off and let you give it a try yourself.  Remember you really need to check out the current pricing on some of the machines in your area.  No the machines in hotels (they are very high because the require 25% commission from the vendor, hence 12oz cans at a 1.00).

Look at the machines in normal business settings.  Check one at a car dealer or oil change spot.  You can ususally stop by and look without too many people asking questions.  Sometimes you can check one sitting out in front of a store.  I noticed recently at our local Target.  All of the bottle machines had been replaced by Coke cans.  All 3 machines in the bank was Coke cans set at .75.  Interesting change in product selection I thought...

Bev

I think we are looking at the "real deal" in terms of full line locating folks. I may eat my words in the future but I have a good feeling about Bev right now. Her company feels more like a business partnership than a locating company. I hope I'm not wrong and I'm sure time will tell all, just as it has with other locators here on the board.

Bev, I'm wondering why you choose not to locate 3rd party machines? I'm not a 3rd party vendor but I'm just curious.

All 3 machines in the bank was Coke cans set at .75.  Interesting change in product selection I thought...

Bev

Just a side note to this comment. I actually prefer to vend only cans. At 0.75 a can, my profit margin is greater than bottles. Cans also illicit many more repeat vends as they are not resealable and "saveable" (if that's a word). Also, they are easier to store, easier to transport, last longer in storage, and are recyclable forever. Plastic bottles can only be recycled once.

Plus, the product just plain tastes better.  ;D

It takes us just as much time to locate one drink machine as it does to contact a larger locations, get their attention and set up a solid account for a vendor.  Pepsi and Coke have done a great job of contacting almost every business in their territories.  So its an odd bird that wants just a drink machine.  When you contact accounts and they want just a drink their comment normally is Pepsi or Coke had a machine here but they picked it up saying there wasn't enough sales. Normally this is a red flag that the account won't do much for a vendor.

Sometimes we call and customers will tell us that the Pepsi/Coke machine just sits empty all of the time or it takes their money.  In these cases it makes sense for a vendor to make a visit, check out the location and offer them a better machine. but everyone needs to remember the bottom line on these accounts.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,  I have used Bev / Blue Moose and as you said "She is a real deal Locator"...  But as Agee said she is very busy and will not take on new accounts if she feels they are not ready.  She lands quality accounts, is very professional in doing so and expects the same from the vendors she represents.  All in all  don't feel bad if Bev can't get to you right away keep growing your business and in due time I'm sure Bev will be able to help.

Mike,

Vend Smart Co.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...