Candy bar slot space:

vendamania

There is space at the end of the spiral so a candy bar falls down. I closed the spirals with my hand which I am assume that is what you have to do…It is kind of strong metal and hard to bend the spirals closer so it shortens the spiral. It did work a little,need to bend them some more.

I did notice in someone else's machines they had white plastic fin looking things attached to the end of the spiral. There are some inside my machine.

Are these plastic clips for that purpose of preventing candy bars to fall for free?

The candy spirals should end right at the end of the shelf.  If they end beyond the end of the shelf then it should only be an issue for a very thin item like a Hershey bar.  You should not need to squish or bend you spirals at all.  On AP machines you will see a tab protruding from the end of the divider between the selections.  This tab can be bent slightly toward the candy spiral to prevent it from extending beyond the shelf and this will keep thin items in the spiral.  You should also have your spiral tip stop at the 6 or 7 o'clock position.  If you have a particularly difficult time keeping a thin item in the spiral then you can remove the spiral from the motor and turn it farther clockwise to put more of the spiral loop in front of the bottom edge of the candybar.

The white objects you see are product pushers to be installed sticking out away from the spiral and in about the 1 o'clock position.  These are used to help a product fall off the end of the shelf instead of sitting there leaning against the spiral.  You can also use them in the reverse position to hold a product back but many times this is too tight for even a thin product and it can tear the packaging.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived