vendtrack vs quickbooks accounting 2014

TKK

Which do u guys recommend? Quickbooks seemed pretty complicated it had templates but none directly to vending. How do u guys use it? Id like to show comissions, expenses, sales, repairs, taxes, gas, write off assets..etc

• 1 month later...

Those are two entirely different programs so it depends on what you want to accomplish.  If you want business accounting that isn't specific to vending then QB is the choice.  If you want to track your sales, costs and commissions for vending then maybe Vendtrack is good for that.  Using both might be a good idea.  Record your vending sales, purchases, taxes and commissions - things directly related to vending machines - and then at the end of the week or month you can put totals into QB where you then track all your other expenses not directly related to the vending machines.

I have used Vendtrak since its inception and it tracks everything I need. I also helped with suggestions when Myvendtrak started up, he was giving me free use of his but since he got enough info from users he blocked free use to me. He now wants to charge me 19.99 per month to use it. I would see if Vendtrak offers a free trial period to see if it works for you. My preference is Vendtrak. I tried QB but it seemed to complicated.

John

I print reports monthly to back up all my info, as for my price, I don't know that's what I said I'd be willing to pay and that's what I got.

Thanks for this cash man. I now got the same deal and will do what you do and print out on a monthly basis. Now comes the fun part of importing a years worth of excel data to get it up to date.

vendtrak doesn't have mobile app unfortunately. However I just added over 300 transactions in less than an hour so I'm now up to date and it looks to be pretty good. The reports are pretty detailed and make my financial pretty easy to understand. I just told him I would give him $100 a year like cashman did and he agreed.

vendtrak doesn't have mobile app unfortunately. However I just added over 300 transactions in less than an hour so I'm now up to date and it looks to be pretty good. The reports are pretty detailed and make my financial pretty easy to understand. I just told him I would give him $100 a year like cashman did and he agreed.

This sounds intriguing. I have been debating if I need to get a proper program or continue with the spreadsheet I am using.

Not big enough to justify the montly fee........but if I can get away with a hundred bucks a year.......

Apologies for the self-promotion but I would like to mention about our vending management system VendSoft. It is similar to (and hopefully better than) vendtrack and my vend track. We have an Android app and also a mobile app which can be used from iPhone and iPad. We can offer individual discounts for the members of the forum. Just send me an email to lubo@vendsoft.com.

Hi cashman. Yes, there is a 14 day free trial. You can create trial account from the pricing page. The standard price is $19/month or $190/year but we will make a discount for forum members. We have been developing the software for more than 2 years and we acquired our first paying customers 9 months ago.

So I did sign up for Vendtrack. Just importing my data now, and it so far seems to be a very intuitive and robust program.

I will comment more as I access the different areas, but the inital setup was so easy and actually quite nice (if that makes sense)

So far this old guy gives it a thumbs up.

I did try quickbooks some time ago and the learning curve was just to much with everything else I have going on.

I'm very computer savvy so its not like I couldn't get there, I just didn't want to invest that much time to learn another program that was so complex.

Growlie

Quickbooks is for financial accounting, not for route accounting, so trying to use it for other than credits and debits or payables and receivables is difficult since it isn't designed for anything else.

I have used Quickbooks for the past 4 years so I can vouch for the program.

Quickbooks is great for accounting.  Unless it has been changed significantly within the past year or two, it cannot handle things such as sales taxes, commissions, or many other variables related to vending.

If you have accounting knowledge, Quickbooks will take you about 2-4 weeks to figure out (if you use it every other day or so).  Yes, it has a learning curve and yes, it is not great for vending.  However, that is not the worst part about it.  The worst part about quickbooks is that, the more accounts you get, the more complicated it is to keep up with the bookkeeping.  As I said before, sales taxes are not accounted for nor are commissions... so that means you have to go back and add everything up yourself.

I recommend using quickbooks ONLY IF you have access to no other affordable vending accounting software, if you already have quickbooks and know how to use it, or if you never plan on getting a lot of accounts (ie. you're going to simply retire with 10-20 machines and never expand).  If you don't follow those criteria, get the vending accounting software.  I have been debating whether I should go ahead and get another program NOW or wait until the beginning of 2016.  Quickbooks is getting more and more complicated and I have been using it for 4 years!

Archived