vendtrack vs quickbooks accounting 2014

TKK

I agree with everything chris says. I am very fluent with quick books as my wife is a bookkeeper. However it just doesn't really fit the vending model. To separate accounts with it is a nightmare. After using a vending program it's clear as day that I'm done with quick books for everyday quick book transactions.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the self-promotion but I would like to mention about our vending management system VendSoft. It is similar to (and hopefully better than) vendtrack and my vend track. We have an Android app and also a mobile app which can be used from iPhone and iPad. We can offer individual discounts for the members of the forum. Just send me an email to lubo@vendsoft.com.

I started using QB 2/2/14 which was OK for accounting, but not good for Vending specific accounting.  I started using VendSoft 1/3/15 and so far I really like it.  It has been easy to learn and use and really helps me keep better track of my vending info.  

so ive been using the vendtrack for about a week its ok, he said hed do the 99 a year. Now sooo many things are missing. For example Individual location commission rates. Also it doesn't let you price different locations ie. 75c sodas in location A and $1 sodas location B, etc. It wants an overall sale price. It doesn't let you input diferent machines in each place, which helps pinpoint location sales, so you cant even put location ABC has 2 snack 1 drink. drinks made X amount. Do any of the other companies have this? 

Agreed TKK, I do like vend-trak but I think it needs some updating , having a mobile app would be a start, being able to track inventory , appox items needed based on previous sales. Individual machines at locations is needed like you said. Honestly my thoughts are they built the site and can't be bothered to improve it .

• 2 weeks later...

Ive actually given up on vend-trak. As I was inputting sales etc, it became quite apparent that its just to clunky for me.

Inputting with multiple machines per location is painful at best.

Pricing and cost is not detailed enough for me, never did find where to track stales

Just my opinion, but I'm done with it

How do you pay $99 yearly?

And I hate the idea of all my information on a cloud not hard stored to my computer. What if the company closes tommorow? than what. I prefer a software package myself.

I agree I would only consider an on-line version if I can upload and also download all my data on command.  If I choose to switch companies I want to be able to quickly and easily get the data moved as well as have the security knowing I can recover in case of a company failure.

Archived