501E selection label holder

anovak765

I have a Dixie Narco 501E and wanted to switch out one of my selections with another product, which in turn means I need a new label to put in there. As I was trying to take the old label out, it got stuck, and I went ahead and took off the back bracket which holds the membrane and was able to get to the actual selection button. But I tried to not end to open up the physical selection button, but I didn't want to damage the button, so I left it be. Am I missing something? is there anyway to open up the actual button?

Thanks!

Alex

No, the buttons don't open up. If you can't extract the old label maybe a new one can slide in front of the old remnants. If you need a button or any flavor strips for it you can send me a PM as I have them in stock.

I have a Dixie Narco 501E and wanted to switch out one of my selections with another product, which in turn means I need a new label to put in there. As I was trying to take the old label out, it got stuck, and I went ahead and took off the back bracket which holds the membrane and was able to get to the actual selection button. But I tried to not end to open up the physical selection button, but I didn't want to damage the button, so I left it be. Am I missing something? is there anyway to open up the actual button?

Thanks!

Alex

I'm not sure about opening it up on the actual selection button... but the lesson here is to always make your labels LONGER than they need to be so that a fair amount sticks out the side so you can pull it out if necessary.  One thing you can try to do is to stick some double sided tape to something solid and thin (like cardboard from a case of soda) and slide it in there and try to stick it to your existing label.  You can also try sliding the new label in front of the old one.

Archived