dixie narco coke machine

candycane

My husband just put a new fan motor into our coke machine and it runs great but when it shuts down after it cycles it makes a rattle noise like the fan blade is hitting the housing.  Any ideas what we could do to get rid of this problem or what might have caused it?  Thanks

Welcome to the forum, candycane!  What a great screen name for this Christmas season as well. 

The noise you are hearing, if it's a metallic sound, would be the fan blade.  It's possible that it was not properly secured to the new motor and is loose, that one or more blades are bent or cracked allowing them to hit the condenser, loose mounting screws where the fan bracket attaches to the motor or the compressor base, or perhaps too deep a motor frame that puts the fan blade too close to the condenser.  If you have a "rollup" condenser which looks like a cinnamon roll, then the rear of the fins are close to the fan blade to begin with so the likelihood of the fan touching the condenser is rather high if it's not installed correctly.  

When the fan starts and stops there is movement of the fan blades away from the motor, which is normal.  A worn motor can give too much movement so if it's not actually a new motor you installed but rather a good used one, then that could be what is happening and a true new motor is required.

Thanks so much, I will have him check these things.  I appreciate the help.  We bought the motor from a local vending company and took all our schematics with us so we would get the right one.  Hopefully he can get this fixed.  If not I will have to call a repair person.  No sense having a coke machine when it isn't up and running.  Thanks for your help.  Candycane

Archived