Kayo hot chocolate recipe change?

Walta

The customers say it tastes weak. I agree it tastes different.

I weighed the power it was 38 grams I think the package called for 32.

I checked the extra bag, chocolate is still the third item in the ingredient list.    

It is possible the route man slipped in a bag of another brand of chocolate.

Anyone else noticed a change?

Walta

Unless Kayo changed their formula or maybe produced a weaker bag I would expect it to be as strong as it's been for the last 25 years.  Perhaps Kayo had a problem with their formula in one production batch or, as you suspect, a bag of another brand was put in.  Is this in a normal coffee machine or in a single cup?  Do you have any residue at the bottom of the cup and does it foam up as it should when whipped?  No residue or low foam would lead me to believe it wasn't Kayo or the machine isn't throwing as much chocolate as you think. 

On the regular coffee machines I never used a scale for the ingredients but set to the factory dispense times and adjusted throws from there.

Kikko max machine.

Seems to be whipped properly.

The head seems a little light.

It is a little thicker at the bottom of the cut but that is normal.

I weighed the product 3 times.

I don’t drink coffee so It a chemistry to me so many Grams of this and that plus water.

There is always that guy that says it’s not strong enough. After he sees you use a scale he quietly leaves the room.

Given this year’s 50% price increase of the #3 ingredient a recipe is not imposable.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/mars-hikes-chocolate-prices-following-hershey-s-lead-1.2717157

Walta

Since Kao has been sold a few times over the past several years I can't find it hard to believe the formula may have changed. Make sure the your whipper is functioning properly. Does it whip freely and at high speed? Is the whipped blade in tact? If the blade is worn it can tend to not whip properly

Archived