Pringles?

SkydiverBC

Its an availability issue, its not even for my business. I work in the middle of nowhere, in a camp, and the commisary charges a fortune for anything. The recreation club runs special events and operates a couple of drink machines to raise some funds. We thought Pringles, purchased at Walmart and shipped to the site from the nearest town would be the simplest solution, and not require a snack machine set up. Just wondering if anyone has done it and if it will work reliably?

I wouldn't count on them vending properly but I've also never heard of that being tried.  You could certainly try them but it would be a trial and error kind of thing.  The worst thing that could happen, aside from a jammed column, would be a burst can of chips with crumbs throughout the machine.  Frito Lay tried this many years ago and called them Crunch Cans, but they were packaged in aluminum containers so they were more easily vended.  The package weight can be an issue and the Pringles are cardboard containers so moisture will be a problem, too, plus the cans might have more surface tension than a plastic bottle which could cause more friction in the column.

Archived