Chuck E. Cheese Tokens

allen watson

Today while servicing an AP500 relic of a snack machine, I noticed a Chuck E. Cheese token in the can. Curious, I dropped it in the coin mech. Sure enough, it took it. Ugh! The worst part is that is counted it as a dollar. When I hit the coin return I got 4 quarters back in change. The mech is a MARS TRC-6000. Just a heads up for anyone using these. Luckily I had a coinco mech to replace it with. The MARS unit will be a back up with the $dollar coin option turned off.

Well Allen, at least it is not Canadian money!

lol!

Hmmm!

No Chuck E Cheese here where I live, and very far from Canada, so I should not have to worry!

cajun

I thought nobody had those old relic's anymore!

AP500

cajun

Today while servicing an AP500 relic of a snack machine, I noticed a Chuck E. Cheese token in the can. Curious, I dropped it in the coin mech. Sure enough, it took it. Ugh! The worst part is that is counted it as a dollar. When I hit the coin return I got 4 quarters back in change. The mech is a MARS TRC-6000. Just a heads up for anyone using these. Luckily I had a coinco mech to replace it with. The MARS unit will be a back up with the $dollar coin option turned off.

It's a pretty sad deal when even the swamp dwellers think your stuff is as old as dirt  ;D  ;D  ;D

lol!

Hmmm!

No Chuck E Cheese here where I live, and very far from Canada, so I should not have to worry!

cajun

AP500

cajun

And how is that old Genesis machine of your's working these days?  ;D  ;D  ;D

The coin mech needs to be re-tuned. At some point it belonged to someone who used tokens at an account. ( Often, tokens were used as refunds, rather than handing out cash. ) It's a relatively easy operation:

1. Behind the flight deck of the coin mech ( the top part of the coin mech, where the coins go through and are judged, ) towards the bottom, is a pair of prongs, exposed. They stick up slightly from behind the plastic cover. ( Again, this is all *behind* the flight deck. ) 

2. ( This here is the tricky bit. ) You have to remove power from the coin mech, short the two prongs behind the flight deck, then return power to the coin mech. All while keeping the flight deck plugged into the mech itself. ( Generally this is accomplished by holding a small screwdriver across the prongs. While plugging the coin mech in. Cradled gently in your arms. ) 

3. Then, you un-short the prongs. This puts the coin mech in tuning mode. Now, drop two nickels, two dimes, two quarters, and two dollars through the mech. It shouldn't accept any of them. If it does, you've done it wrong and are not in tune mode. Basicially, there are two "slots" per coin. That's why you put two of each coin through. You can substitute one of the coins in each pair for a coin from Canada-Land, if you wish. At some point in the past, someone re-tuned it, and put a token instead of one of the dollars through the coin mech. As I said, some vending companies did this to avoid handing out cash for refunds. Whenever the moneyroom reports to me that a machine is taking tokens, I go out and field tune the coin mech and make it go away.

Here is a link to the PDF from Mars, explaining the procedure in a more technical way: http://www.meitechnical.com/mei-files/files/access-public/documentation/technical-documents/trc6xxx_operational_service_guide.pdf

Morning Moondog

Glad you asked, 2008 model, takes fives, never have a problem with it until for some strange reason the coin return arm was jammed under the mouth of the Conlux CCM5G that is in machine.

Good thing it was free, because I would never had bought it!

Dimes never get stuck in that Conlux! Crazy!

cajun

Thanks for the help Feral and thanks for the wise cracks you others. I keep these old AP's around for big accounts that want a machine in stupid places. Like this one. It's at a large solar field. I got the bid because I included a snack machine in the boss' office. LoL

I've got an AP 500 I'm going to part out, if anyone needs anything.

Cool. I need the little metal box with the vend solenoid (located next to the coin mech).

Shhhh, don't tell anyone but they (all 7) have been working very well.

It's a pretty sad deal when even the swamp dwellers think your stuff is as old as dirt  ;D  ;D  ;D

Older than dirt. The strange part is they make money and require little to no maintenance.

lol!

Hmmm!

cajun

AP500

cajun

Hahaha. I have on location about 20 of them with 6 spares for parts. The guys I got them from bought them brand new and loved them like little babies. They've been upgraded with bill validators, some kind of vinyl facing added and modified so they only have 1 candy shelf, 2 chip shelves and one pastry shelf.

Thanks for the help Feral and thanks for the wise cracks you others. I keep these old AP's around for big accounts that want a machine in stupid places. Like this one. It's at a large solar field. I got the bid because I included a snack machine in the boss' office. LoL

That is fscking brilliant

Yes, retuning is the only way to exclude the tokens.  All token windows must be closed in the tuning software in order to exclude them.  If you don't think you'll get any more of them or any others then you can leave it and wait for the next one.

Cool deal!

If they work, use them!

Especially if you have that many spare machines!

I'm slowly updating my old AP machines to VE boards.

So far so good on boards!

cajun 

Does the VE board let you add the newer coin mech and bill val? The boards I have are very old. I cant find anything on them. Some of my old AP's have a jumper wire soliered into the coin mech that goes directly to the bill val. To set the prices you have to use the old price switch board and the newer electronic board.

Does the VE board let you add the newer coin mech and bill val? The boards I have are very old. I cant find anything on them. Some of my old AP's have a jumper wire soliered into the coin mech that goes directly to the bill val. To set the prices you have to use the old price switch board and the newer electronic board.

Allen

You would need to call VE and see if they offer harness for those old AP machines. As for the Board it is a universal control board, just need the correct harness.

Yes I did add newer dba and coin mech. I have it taken Fives and given back dollar coins, it has dex which I don't use, also can add a CC reader to it.

Programming is easy and not to be scared of, I can program a Royal machine, so I find the VE board easy to set.

lol!

cajun

Allen

You would need to call VE and see if they offer harness for those old AP machines. As for the Board it is a universal control board, just need the correct harness.

Yes I did add newer dba and coin mech. I have it taken Fives and given back dollar coins, it has dex which I don't use, also can add a CC reader to it.

Programming is easy and not to be scared of, I can program a Royal machine, so I find the VE board easy to set.

lol!

cajun

Thanks Cajun.

If your machines are so old that they use pricing boards on the slide out panel then you are pre-AP4000 and the new VE boards won't work for that.  You can upgrade those machines to a newer logic board that must mach the number of price lines you have in your machine, either 4 price, 10 price or multiprice.  It gives you the ability to install a current coin mech and validator and then the board will power the motors instead of having old coin mech doing it. 

I may have a board for your older machine depending on the number of price lines yours has.  Let me know the number of price lines and I'll see what I have that will work for you.

If your machines are so old that they use pricing boards on the slide out panel then you are pre-AP4000 and the new VE boards won't work for that.  You can upgrade those machines to a newer logic board that must mach the number of price lines you have in your machine, either 4 price, 10 price or multiprice.  It gives you the ability to install a current coin mech and validator and then the board will power the motors instead of having old coin mech doing it. 

I may have a board for your older machine depending on the number of price lines yours has.  Let me know the number of price lines and I'll see what I have that will work for you.

Thanks AZ. Pre AP4000 for sure. They are AP500's with the price board on the slide-out. The boards that I use are 4 price. The bill validators are Coinco Ba30b's (drink machine style).

Archived