Vendo V480

Veteran78

I have an opportunity to purchase a working Vendo V480 for $650. Says it works fine, but the bottles get jammed from time-to-time. Two questions, how would I go about fixing that issue and two, is that machine card reader capable?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Veteran 78

I have one of those vending Monster energy and 20 oz Powerade, no problems with it vending these items.

These machines has a cage bar and they could be bent or the settings not right.

As for a CC reader, I have no ideas.

Link for manual for machine.

http://www.vendoco.com/Documents/Parts%20&%20Service_470-570.pdf

hope this helps.

That is a steep price for a machine not working proper!

cajun

Depending on how hard it is to find good machines around you the $650 isn't a bad price to pay, but it could be a beginning point for negotiation.  You can deduct if you have to sort out the vending problem, put lights and labels in it, paint it or put a new sign on it. 

The vending problem is probably linked to incorrect set up of a selection or bent gauge bars as Cajun said.  If you're going to run cans out of it and it's set up for bottles now then you will need new clips and shims for the columns.

The machine is MDB so a card reader can be installed, but if it has a logic board version 5.1 or 5.2 then you won't be able to collect DEX data from it.  Version 9.1 and above will handle DEX properly.

If you need any parts for this you can PM me as I have what you might need in stock.

I have a 480 running version 5.1 with an Air Vend credit card reader.

Here are some tips for what I've found (dunno if this is for any other units or just my Air Vend):

1. It will not read cash transactions, only credit, on the Air Vend site. The same occurs on the USA Technologies site. I'm guessing upgrading the system Board would fix that but am not sure how much that would cost.

2. The Air Vend has to be set to a single transaction, instead of allowing multiple purchases with a single card swipe, because the Air Vend will not see the second (or third) purchase in the same transaction. Again, probably something that might be fixed with the upgraded system board.

3. Due to the size of the Air Vend uni. I ended up mounting the reader next to the bill acceptor instead of above it. I have the Dr Pepper model so mounting options may vary.

Hope this helps!

The version 5.1 board will not report DEX cash sales through any card reader.  The software is too old and even the latest 1.068 version won't do it.  There is no upgrade boards for soda machines so you just have to know that there are limitations with older logic boards.  Most card readers recommend that the Multivend option be turned on, though I don't actually understand why.  I'm sure thousands of machine don't have that feature turned on and are working fine since I've come across many that don't have Multivend on and they work fine with cards.  The Airvend may be different, of course, and it sounds like you've already found that out.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback. I'd like to get the machine since my operating budget is low and everything else around here is way over a grand. This machine would suite the site perfectly in terms of selections and diversity between cans and bottles. How do I go about finding out what board is installed?

Thanks!

The logic board in that model is a version 5.1 if it's a generic or Pepsi door and it's a version 5.2 if it's a Coke door.  The difference is that Coke had their own programming menus that they insisted be used on every machine built for them.

Archived