Coin Mech issue

Conallvending

The machine might cause that message on the coin mech when the door is open because that puts it into the service mode.  If you locate the door switch and push it in the mech should go into normal vending standby.  At that time you want to see if the validator is still disabled or if it's flashing any error codes.  You do have to have sufficient change in the coin mech to enable the validator.

What model of machine is this?  That can make a big difference.

The rollers and belts don't normally need to be cleaned unless you are in a real dirty location.  In most cases I only wipe dust off the sensors in the validators.  Under normal usage, when the tires or belts get weak or worn then it's time to rebuild the validator as it will take a couple of years minimum for them to wear out.  If the machine is outside in the heat then belts and tires wear out faster with the tires being the first to go as they will get brittle.  This all relates to Coinco and MEI units, not to any imported junk which is primarily disposable.

If you want to actually clean any rubber parts then use denatured alcohol on a clean soft cloth.  It's a lot cheaper than validator cleaning cards, but in 30 years of vending I've never used the cleaning cards and didn't mess with alcohol either.  I ran validator until they gave me problems and then they got rebuilt.  You have to spend money to make money so don't put a bandaid on anything or your customers will get tired of continually telling you that "it won't take my bill."

I just aquired a location with a combo machine. It is not accepting dollar bills. It has a MEI CS7000 coin mech. The read out says Check Vendor. Disabled by machine.

Has a steady amber light.

I looked up the manual on line but it was no help.

Any ideas?

Check your harness connections - a loose plug will cause this.

• 2 weeks later...

That may be a programming issue. Is there a reason for accepting more than $2? Do you have a price in excess of $2 set in the machine? If not, the machine knows that it does not need to accept any more cash for sales. Not knowing what make/model machine it is, everything is just a guess.

You should check that your coin tubes have sufficient coins in them, primarily nickles, so the validator will be enabled. If the two vends you made will bills paid change out then whichever coins were paid out may be the low tube. The CF7000 uses sonar to detect the tube levels so if you have 12 or more coins in your tubes but the validator is disabled then you may have a coin mech problem in the sonar system. There is also a Par Value setting that can be applied to any tube so make sure you don't have some low Par Values set.

Also try emptying the cassette, putting it back on the mech empty and see if it then shows zero tube values. If so then refill the tubes and again install the cassette to see if it accurately detects the tube quantities.

Archived