Dixie Narco 501e troubleshooting

I've had two Dixie Narco 501e machines for a number of years.  I recently had a JC-5 code show up but had no jam in that selection.  When I would shut the door it would begin to "home" and dispensed 4 16 oz Monster Cans.  Every time I would shut the door after pressing the diagnostic button on the circuit board, it would vend the four cans. 

The motor obviously works but I'm not sure what else to look at.  All the other selections vend properly.  The price display has a flashing decimal light as well.  Any suggestions?  I'm a total "newbie" to this forum and would really appreciate any possible solutions to try.

It sounds like a bad vending motor switch to me. It is not completing the cycle even though the motor does. Try swapping the motor switch with another one to see if the problem moves to the new column. If this is column 5 then swap with say column 8. If it stays in place I would then suspect the selection membrane.

Membrane switch would give ss-5. Column 5 micro switch is bad. The board isn't seeing the switch at all. Unplug switch and take another switch that is similar and connect it to harness. Push inner door switch and see if the motor runs. It should not. If it does then your board or wiring harness is defective. Sometimes the harness gets corrosion at the connections. There is a connector at the lower side of door. Hinge side behind the steel plate. Take plate off and check both sides of the 2 plugs to see if any pins have pushed out. If not pull apart and reconnect several times. Push inner door switch and see if problem is gone. If it still runs then look at wiring diagram find the wire id's for that switch. Do a continuity test from board to that switch. If there is continuity then the board is most likely defective.

I've had two Dixie Narco 501e machines for a number of years.  I recently had a JC-5 code show up but had no jam in that selection.  When I would shut the door it would begin to "home" and dispensed 4 16 oz Monster Cans.  Every time I would shut the door after pressing the diagnostic button on the circuit board, it would vend the four cans. 

The motor obviously works but I'm not sure what else to look at.  All the other selections vend properly.  The price display has a flashing decimal light as well.  Any suggestions?  I'm a total "newbie" to this forum and would really appreciate any possible solutions to try.

I concur with cvending and rmorris that the motor switch is the likely problem as those switches are running on low voltage to sense the condition of the switch.  This means that any corrosion on the contacts in the switch will impede that low voltage signal from getting back to the logic board to indicate that the motor is home, thus causing the board to continue running the motor while it waits for a Home signal.  Replacing the switch should solve this for you. 

If you don't have a local source for the switch you can PM me to get one.

Archived