Vendo Vue 30 Select Drink Machine

Lonchiviris

The Vendo Vue is generally considered to be the least desirable of the current glassfront machines.  Typically the Dixie-Narco BevMax 4 is rated the highest, although the Royal Vision also gets good reviews as well.  However, the Vendo Vue does typically sell for less money on the used market than its competitors, especially compared with the D-N BevMax 4 which can sell for a significant premium and is less readily available.  The smaller capacity version of the BevMax 4 the DN 3800-4 is especially hard to find on the used market.

• 3 weeks later...

I have two Vendo Vue 40's that I have renamed the VooDoo 40's.  They are a nightmare.  One of the machines acting erratic from the get go, changed the igus harness and worked perfect for 3 months.  Then all kinds of erratic behavior.  Customers say the hand starts moving by it self W/O inserting money.  The second machine worked perfect for 5 months then the problems started.  Tech support can't help you.  They don't know whats up with it either.  "Check this check that."  Then I don't know.  

Bottom line: from my short experience with them stay away.  Bev Max has some problems now and then but they are fixable.  Ive had no experience with Royals

If you get one with all of the most recent software and hardware updates, it will be fairly reliable. If you buy a used one of unknown provenance, expect to have problems.

Most of the problems these machines have is with the wiring harness. The wire they used in the main hand harness was too brittle, and tended to break over time. Because the harness flexes as the hand moves up and down, and the breaks would tend to be small, it would behave erratically. Totally fine one minute, then bonkers the next.

You're much better off with a small stacker machine, if your customer has limited space. I'm a big fan of the Royal 550 for a small machine. It's small, yes, but still holds more than a full sized Vendo 511/540. ( In cans, anyway. ) 

Archived