cans are jamming and I don't know why!

KConn

I've had a royal g-III on the side of the house for 3 months now. Use to be at a location vending bottles and it's about to ship out tomorrow to a new location but this time I'm vending cans and guess what, ALL MY CANS are jamming. I've adjusted the rod retainers so many times in different combinations and nothing is working. only way I can get some colums to even vend is to set the rods for bottles but as you can imagine I'm dropping two cans at a time when I do that.

Now some colums are perfectly fine but others are just being annoying and I need some help!

Those rods can be tricky. I have had to look at them several times to make sure they are in the right place. Did you set the depth? Cans will be 2. Also some times you have to adjust drop sensor. 

I know a Cajun that is real familiar with those Royals. Only problem he drinks Coors.   ;D  ;D

You might also have gummed up pkg retainers (curved pieces) or the white sprag wheels or the dogs. This can happen as a machine sits and spilled syrup dries out. Also, its not your STS setting that might be wrong but the DEP, or depth, setting to change from 1 to 2 for all columns running cans.

Make sure the rods, is in the slots, not outside of slots in groves. It will drop two cans and jam if rods is not pass in slots.

For each column you have two individual slots rod must be passed through. If you put rod in front slot for column, miss second slot for same 

column, it will vend two cans all the time, no mater what depth setting you have for that column.

Learned that the hard way!

Also as AZvendor said make sure the machine is clean of the sticky syrup, from bottles or busted cans.

cajun 

thanks for the help guys!!

Had a repair man come out today and he said the 2 colums that were acting up had missing springs in the wheels that release the package retainers. not sure how this happened but that was hands down the first time I've been stumped by a machine haha

Archived