MEI Easitrax (new dex user )

dexman

Hello:

I'm new to all of this vending. I've got a small number of machines and I bought an Easitrax 1000 device to install in one of my Dixie-Narco machines to help manage pull data/inventory. 

Question: Trying to get my software to pull 'dex' data to my used Motorola handheld to read dex. Does the MEI box +antenna have to connected to the remote MEI  telemetry service?,  or can I do it with just antenna hooked up (manual says has to be) and then just pull data to hand-held... for starters? (later on I plan on signing up for MEI service trying to save costs). 

Any advice appreciated or if I'm doing this wrong.  Thanks.

Welcome to the forum. Those handhelds should be designed to plug into the DEX port with a phono plug unless it's a newer model that only uses the antenna. In that case I doubt that you can just access the Easitrax device without some kind of login, otherwise you could walk up to anyone's Easitrax machine and read their data.

• 2 months later...

Hello:

I'm new to all of this vending. I've got a small number of machines and I bought an Easitrax 1000 device to install in one of my Dixie-Narco machines to help manage pull data/inventory. 

Question: Trying to get my software to pull 'dex' data to my used Motorola handheld to read dex. Does the MEI box +antenna have to connected to the remote MEI  telemetry service?,  or can I do it with just antenna hooked up (manual says has to be) and then just pull data to hand-held... for starters? (later on I plan on signing up for MEI service trying to save costs). 

Any advice appreciated or if I'm doing this wrong.  Thanks.

When i first started doing vending I was using those mei easitrax wan/lan modules. I personally had a horrible experience with them. At the time they didn't offer two tier pricing and charged me 10 cents plus %4 per transaction. The modules alone were costing me 600 bucks a pop. Switched to usa tech, best decision I ever made.

Let me know if you want any more the easitrax modules, I have 5 practically brand new ones I will make a smoking deal on ;D ;D ;D

Archived